× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

One connection has disappeared after a firmware update

aznetcowboy
Aspirant

One connection has disappeared after a firmware update

I updated my router to the latest firmware version (V1.0.4.8_10.0.77). Now the device connected to port #1 does not show up in the "Connected Devices" in the Netgear Genie. It is IP 192.168.102. IP addresses 101, 103 and 104 all display, but not the 102 address anymore. I thought maybe the cable had gone bad, so I replaced it with a new Cat 5e cable. No luck. Rebooting both the compute and router did nothing. I powered down and bak up the 102 device and still no luck.

In case you are wondering, my 102 device is a Davis Vantage Pro2 weather station counsel which gets routed to my "Weather" computer via this router. It has worked fine until today. I am open to any suggestions on what to try. It is important to get this working so I can forward my reading the the Weather Bureau, etc.

Model: R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: One connection has disappeared after a firmware update

Hi @aznetcowboy,

If you have set a static IP for the device, then it will not show up on the attached devices list. You may want to look into doing address reservation instead. Check the link below for the steps.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24091

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @aznetcowboy,

If you have set a static IP for the device, then it will not show up on the attached devices list. You may want to look into doing address reservation instead. Check the link below for the steps.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24091

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @aznetcowboy,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7