× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR850 Good Streaming on TV, Spotty Zoom and FaceTime

nicolerosenberg
Follower

Orbi RBR850 Good Streaming on TV, Spotty Zoom and FaceTime

Hi. I am trying to troubleshoot my Orbi AX6000. I have excellent download and upload speeds and have no trouble streaming to my Amazon Firesticks. However, our Zoom and FaceTime calls are very spotty. I’m thinking this might be a QoS issue? We are a large family with approximately 30 connected devices.
Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Message 1 of 3

Re: Orbi RBR850 Good Streaming on TV, Spotty Zoom and FaceTime

@nicolerosenberg wrote:
Hi. I am trying to troubleshoot my Orbi AX6000.

Is that the RBR850 mentioned in your subject? (AX6000 is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.)

Many issues are generic and apply to most routers, but in this case the RBR850 is an Orbi, which is not in the category covered in this section General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk and Non-Orbi). Those are Netgear's basic routers andare nothing like the fancy Orbi Wifi 6 stuff.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

If you do post in the appropriate section, you could add some details about the rest of your network. Your modem/router, for example, could be relevant.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR850 Good Streaming on TV, Spotty Zoom and FaceTime

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

@nicolerosenberg wrote:
Hi. I am trying to troubleshoot my Orbi AX6000. I have excellent download and upload speeds and have no trouble streaming to my Amazon Firesticks. However, our Zoom and FaceTime calls are very spotty. I’m thinking this might be a QoS issue? We are a large family with approximately 30 connected devices.
Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7