× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Parental Controls

Yardman207
Tutor

Parental Controls

I am looking for a wireless router that I can connect to an existing router that will allow me to have a second wireless network in my house that the kids will use. I want one with some parental controls including the ability to go into the wireless settings and specifically block a device (for when a kid gets grounded). What Netgear product shoudl I consder?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Yardman207
Tutor

Re: Parental Controls

Never mind... called Linksys and within 60 deconds they answered my question - gave me the range of untis they had and helped me choose one. Also got free shipping and 15% off. Wow great service. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
Yardman207
Tutor

Can anyone who has a netgear wireless set uop aswer what I think is a pretty basic question - do the parental controls allow you to go into the settings a disable a particular device? I am looking to do this when I have to take the internet away from my kids for one reason or another. 

Message 2 of 5
Yardman207
Tutor

Never mind... called Linksys and within 60 deconds they answered my question - gave me the range of untis they had and helped me choose one. Also got free shipping and 15% off. Wow great service. 

Message 3 of 5
Tsteele23
Guide

they are supposed to work, but they don't, and Netgear are dragging their feet to resolve this.  I think you made the better decision to go with Linksys, as Netgear is a no go right now.

Message 4 of 5
MattMatt
Star

Yes.  The Nighthawk series allows you to block individual devices through the Genie app.

You said you called Linksys.  Did you call Netgear, or just depend on the community for pre-sales advice?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7