× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Problems buying from Netgear UK

helponhand
Aspirant

Problems buying from Netgear UK

Purchased a WAX214 through Netgear.co.uk & received a GS324 switch. I tried to contact them multiple times, but they seem either not interested in taking back the wrong item they sent or refunding me.

How can I get hold of somebody there that actually cares that they messed up the order?

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions

Looks like Netgear farms out the "store".

Check the bottom of this page:

Netgear UK Store | Buy Wifi Routers, Mesh Wifi & Range Extenders.

Who or what is Exertis UK Ltd?

"©1996 - 2020 NETGEAR ®" is a bit worrying.

Did you find this?

Contact Customer Service by email on– netgearstoresupport@exertis.co.uk

On this page:

Frequently Asked Questions | Netgear UK Store

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Business Wireless products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with business wireless products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Business-Wireless/bd-p/business-wireless-for-business

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

@ChristineT 

Thank you.

Message 2 of 9
helponhand
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Business Wireless products.

@ChristineT 

Thanks for the suggestion. I will head over there.

My problem isn't how to use the product., or a fault.  It is the Fact that Netgear UK sent the wrong product to me and are not interested in getting it sorted.

Message 3 of 9

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Netgear support is virtually non-existent. It's practically a ghost town in this regard. Good luck trying to get hold of anyone at Netgear.

Message 4 of 9

@helponhand wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Business Wireless products.

@ChristineT 

Thanks for the suggestion. I will head over there.

My problem isn't how to use the product., or a fault.  It is the Fact that Netgear UK sent the wrong product to me and are not interested in getting it sorted.

Don't you have the contact details for whoever sold you this thing? Your contract is with them.

This community is essentially a user-to-user venue with some input from a small band of Netgear techies. It is for technical support and not for things like sales.

Most of the answers come from fellow users who have no connection with Netgear. They just have a lot of collective experience and are familiar with the sort of problems that turn up here.

If you want "official" technical support then you should go through the right channels.

Contact Us | Support | NETGEAR

Sales is another thing.

Message 5 of 9

Looks like Netgear farms out the "store".

Check the bottom of this page:

Netgear UK Store | Buy Wifi Routers, Mesh Wifi & Range Extenders.

Who or what is Exertis UK Ltd?

"©1996 - 2020 NETGEAR ®" is a bit worrying.

Did you find this?

Contact Customer Service by email on– netgearstoresupport@exertis.co.uk

On this page:

Frequently Asked Questions | Netgear UK Store

Message 6 of 9
helponhand
Aspirant

Yup,

I found out that netgear.co.uk is Exertis UK Ltd and they are totally unresponsive.

Tried calling and emailing and got nowhere.

If you live in the UK buy from Scan.co.uk not netgear.co.uk as you will actually get support if anything goes wrong.

Message 7 of 9

@helponhand wrote:

If you live in the UK buy from Scan.co.uk not netgear.co.uk as you will actually get support if anything goes wrong.

I have never tried buying from Netgear. I have my own favoured supplier. Preferably not Amazon.

I have used Scan in the past but I recently needed a motherboard that seems to be unavailable here and I ended up buying from a German outlet. (Yes, they do still supply to the UK!) Just as quick as many UK suppliers.

Message 8 of 9
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @helponhand ,

I'm really sorry to hear about the issue(s) you're having with getting support for your purchase. Let me see if there is anything I can do from this direction to ensure this issue on the right track to get corrected. Can you please send me a private message (pm) with your order details so I can follow up with our internal team?

Many thanks for your patience! 

Christine!

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7