× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6100 no 5G wireless-N

SuperAnalogue
Aspirant

R6100 no 5G wireless-N

Hello, I have a specific application (Uverse) that requires 5 GHz Wireless-N.

It seems that the R6100 does not actually allow Wireless-N on the 5G band. inSSIDer shows AC-only on the 5G band. This is contrary to how the product spec and the Genie web access information are presented, as they both state 5 GHz wireless-N compatibility. But there seems to be no real wireless-N on the 5 GHz band as inSSIDer and my application both confirm.

Is this correct that the R6100 does not offer true wireless-N on 5G, only on 2.4G? Thank you.

Model: R6100|AC1200 Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
SuperAnalogue
Aspirant

Re: R6100 no 5G wireless-N

Just want to post my resolution; the R6100 5G is wireless-N compatible despite how inSSIDer reports, and that was not the issue.

The issue was IGMP Proxying (U-verse uses multicast). For whatever reason, the R6100 does not make this feature available in AP mode.

One must disable AP mode, enable IGMP, then reenable AP mode to allow multicast via the WAN. Even though you cannot access the feature, it is still present.

It would be nice if the R6100 did not disable access to features that are necessary in AP mode, but otherwise I'm happy!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
SuperAnalogue
Aspirant

Re: R6100 no 5G wireless-N

Just want to post my resolution; the R6100 5G is wireless-N compatible despite how inSSIDer reports, and that was not the issue.

The issue was IGMP Proxying (U-verse uses multicast). For whatever reason, the R6100 does not make this feature available in AP mode.

One must disable AP mode, enable IGMP, then reenable AP mode to allow multicast via the WAN. Even though you cannot access the feature, it is still present.

It would be nice if the R6100 did not disable access to features that are necessary in AP mode, but otherwise I'm happy!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7