× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6200 router support IPV6? Also issues when Hard Wiring to Xbox One.

dan12288
Follower

R6200 router support IPV6? Also issues when Hard Wiring to Xbox One.

Hello,

So I have confirmed with time warner cable (TMC no spectrum), that my modem does support IPV4 and IPV6. When I hard wire my modem directly to the Xbox one it show both Ipv4 and Ipv6 under its network settings. Now the issue comes in with my netgear router that it only seems to support Ipv4 (xbox will only show ipv4 wired and wireless with netgear router). I am up to date on firmwire and I have enabled ipv6 under genie (192.168.1.1). Still I dont have support for ipv6. I have tested it through ipv6 test sites and all confirm I dont. 

Also when I am wired my xbox one to router it causes router to crash (seems to disconnect wifi and then need to turn on and off to restart) 

Any support in the matter will be greatly appreciated! 

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R6200 router support IPV6? Also issues when Hard Wiring to Xbox One.

Hi @dan12288,

1. Did your ISP assign an IPv6 address to your connection?

2. The IPv6 of the router will only be on the WAN side and will still provide IPv4 internally (LAN).

3. As for the crashing issue, try resetting the router or re-flashing the firmware.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R6200 router support IPV6? Also issues when Hard Wiring to Xbox One.

Hi @dan12288,

1. Did your ISP assign an IPv6 address to your connection?

2. The IPv6 of the router will only be on the WAN side and will still provide IPv4 internally (LAN).

3. As for the crashing issue, try resetting the router or re-flashing the firmware.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7