× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R6220 Is there a means to disable the 2.4GHz transmission s while still using the 5GHz functions

bobsch7050
Aspirant

R6220 Is there a means to disable the 2.4GHz transmission s while still using the 5GHz functions?

I would like to disable the 2.4GHz transmissions while still using 5GHz because the 2.4GHz interferes with other electronics near my router. What I have been doing is pushing the WiFi on/off button on the router whenever I want to use the other equipment, which is inconvenient.

Model: R6220v2|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: R6220 Is there a means to disable the 2.4GHz transmission s while still using the 5GHz functions

You can disable it but you might have better luck just changing which channel it broadcasts on. 

Then you can still use it and reduce interference. 

There's a support site with access to manuals, firmware, install guides, etc.
Go to https://www.netgear.com/support/
Type in your model number and from there it'll take you to the above.
Its a great resource to start with.

Message 2 of 4
wcalifas
Prodigy

You gotta log into your routers settings and go to the wireless section and it will show both bands being on, you have to click off "broadcast SSID"  when you're logged into it.

Message 3 of 4
bobsch7050
Aspirant

Tried it. Works great!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7