× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6400 Readyshare & Smart TV

Simon1969
Aspirant

R6400 Readyshare & Smart TV

I have the latest filmware V1.0.1.78_1.0.50 & when it updated my Samsung QN50B smart tv stopped showing the files on my tv but sees the ready drive but no folders.Beforehand I coud see picture and videos. My tv as an ethernet connection. I hve rebooted the router several times & safetly disconnect the hard drive and still I doesnot work.

I can see all my files on my laptop which is wifi.

Message 1 of 3

Re: R6400 Readyshare & Smart TV

@Simon1969 wrote:

I have the latest filmware V1.0.1.78_1.0.50 & when it updated my Samsung QN50B smart tv stopped showing the files on my tv but sees the ready drive but no folders.

What files have stopped showing on your TV? Files on a USB drive somewhere?

I don't know how your TV "sees" files – devices have different approaches and app – but if the TV is looking for a "media server" you should check that this is enabled on your R6400.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Specify ReadyDLNA Media Server Settings.

You may also have to adjust some settings on the TV.

It might help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The make and model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 3
Simon1969
Aspirant

Re: R6400 Readyshare & Smart TV

I am looking for the media server, it was working & the DNLA services are all turned on at the router, it does not show a port number under network neiborhood/macshare line

Ever since the up date it stopped. My tv sees the readshare network but shows no picture or movies like it used to.

I have a net gear CM500 Cable modem Docis 3.0 feeding my router

This all worked upto about 90 days ago & I have been trying to get it to work ever since

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7