× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6400- cannot get wi-fi connected from the router

csayger
Follower

R6400- cannot get wi-fi connected from the router

I'm super computer stupid, so I hope this will be an easy fix. Our router is super old, so I don't know if that's the issue. I cannot get my phone and some (not all) of my devices to connect to the Wi-Fi in our house. I don't know the password we set up to "join network" for our router. I don't know where to go to reset it, so we can join the network. Fortunately we have unlimited data on our phones, but I cannot connect to the internet on 2 of the 4 computers in our house and our 3 phones.This is just for use in our home for personal use. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
wcalifas
Prodigy

Re: R6400- cannot get wi-fi connected from the router

If the wifi network was the one that came with the router it will be on the bottom label of the router along with the password, something like Netgear58 or something like that and a password. If you had changed it by logging into your router then its what you had changed it to. To reset the router to the original wifi and password you'll have to use a paper clip or something pointy to press the reset button for about 30 seconds on the back of the router and it will go back to default settings. Of course then you'll have to run the setup wizard again if  you want to change anything from the router. Reboot your modem also so your router can marry (sync) up with your modem. Let us know if you need more help.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
wcalifas
Prodigy

Re: R6400- cannot get wi-fi connected from the router

If the wifi network was the one that came with the router it will be on the bottom label of the router along with the password, something like Netgear58 or something like that and a password. If you had changed it by logging into your router then its what you had changed it to. To reset the router to the original wifi and password you'll have to use a paper clip or something pointy to press the reset button for about 30 seconds on the back of the router and it will go back to default settings. Of course then you'll have to run the setup wizard again if  you want to change anything from the router. Reboot your modem also so your router can marry (sync) up with your modem. Let us know if you need more help.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7