× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R6400V2 anywhere access will not turn on. Firmware V1.0.4.128_10.0.104

k4igk
Tutor

R6400V2 anywhere access will not turn on. Firmware V1.0.4.128_10.0.104

I am wondering if his feature has been eliminated with the latest firmware.  I have not previously tried it, so I am not sure if it ever worked.  Previously I have used Port forwarding and Static IP to allow remote access to my security system, and it no longer works.

Message 1 of 5

You are trying to use the Nighthawk app? On what device?

How do I enable or disable Anywhere Access on my router using the Nighthawk app? | Answer | NETGEAR ...

Previously I have used Port forwarding and Static IP to allow remote access to my security system, and it no longer works.

Why is the Remote Management feature being removed from NETGEAR routers? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 5
k4igk
Tutor

I am using the R6400V2, firmware V1.0.4.128_10.0.104 my primary OS is WIN 10.  I am also using Nighthawk on IOS and Android.

As I stated originally I cannot get anywhere access to connect.. When I select the menu (upper left screen), it says R5400V2 connected locally. I go to settings, select anywhere access on the app, and all i get is the spinning wheel of death, then I get a message asking if I want to disable anywhere access.  this is the reverse of what I want, but I said yes, and then i get the message "something went wrong". According to the article you referenced,  anywhere access is on by default, but I cannot access my router from my smart  phone with the wifi turned off and only using cellular data.

Additionally it seems like i can no longer access my security system remotely.   It is port forwarded and on a static ip  Port forwarding rules are as follows:  Service name, Resideo Home Security, protocol: TCP/UDP,External Port 443 Internal Port 443, and the static port for the unit.  

Message 3 of 5

@k4igk wrote:

I am also using Nighthawk on IOS and Android.

Same thing on both?

There have been problems with recent versions of these.

First it was Android, then it was iOS.

Additionally it seems like i can no longer access my security system remotely.  

As I said:

Why is the Remote Management feature being removed from NETGEAR routers? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Perhaps that explains what you experience.

Message 4 of 5
k4igk
Tutor

yes the same thing happens on IOS and Android, I have both devices.  After further research it seems like Netgear has completely messed the firmware up.  It looks like the best thing for me to do is revert to earlier FW, or put this router in the garbage and get something reliable.  Can't say for sure but either netgear engineers are totally incompetent or intentionally screw up FW so you will buy another of their products.

Thanks for the replies.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series