× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyShare server down?

ejbpesca
Aspirant

ReadyShare server down?

I have done all the connecting instructions to use a USB drive on my Netgear Router.  When I attempt to access the server I get a message it is not accessible.  I've tried for a week to access it with no success.  Is the ReadySare server permanently down?

Message 1 of 9

Re: ReadyShare server down?

@ejbpesca wrote:

When I attempt to access the server I get a message it is not accessible.  I've tried for a week to access it with no success.  Is the ReadySare server permanently down?

There is no ReadyShare "server". Everything is on your network and gets handled by your operating system.

You haven't provided enough detail about your setup to even begin to guess as to what is happening at your end.

What Netgear router are you using?

What USB drives are connected?

How are you trying to access these drives?

You say:

I have done all the connecting instructions to use a USB drive on my Netgear Router. 

How did you go about that? What do you see in the browser graphical user interface (GUI)? Anything like this?

michaelkenward_0-1673638145254.png

Message 2 of 9
ejbpesca
Aspirant

Model. C630

Macbook Air M2 Ventura

Using Connect to Server under GO as instructed  I successfully reached smb://readshare once, now it I get the message it is not available.

I am trying to drag/drop a screen shot of the path but the image will not attach.

I use Netgear Genie.  It shows I am set to go to used the USB drive in the router.

The USB drive is a 32 GB USB 3 formatted to one of the compatible readyshare formats.

Message 3 of 9
ejbpesca
Aspirant

I have not seen an image as you have in your reply.  I have seen NetGear Genie and I once saw a screen that seemed to be allowing me to access the USB drive installed on my Netgear router, but it will not come back.  You say smb://ready share is not a server yet "connect to sever" is what is to be selected under GO in Finder.  This produces a message that the server is not available.

Message 4 of 9
ejbpesca
Aspirant

Message 5 of 9
ejbpesca
Aspirant

Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 8.38.51 AM.png

 The drag and drop worked.  The above is where I fail to reach the usb drive on the router.

Message 6 of 9

@ejbpesca wrote:

Model. C630

Do you mean C6300? If so, does it say V2 on the label? If not it is V1.

At least we know that we can ignore the firmware on the device., It is beyond your control.

Using Connect to Server under GO as instructed  I successfully reached smb://readshare once, now it I get the message it is not available.

No idea what "Connect to Server under GO as instructed" means.

You did not mention that in your first message.

It means that you are using the Media server on whatever modem/router you own. It is not the same as ReadySHARE for USB storage.

The media server – and how it works – depends on your media player.

I am trying to drag/drop a screen shot of the path but the image will not attach.

I don't know what that means.

I use Netgear Genie.  It shows I am set to go to used the USB drive in the router.

You refer to the genie. This could be one of several things, the browser interface, a Windows or Mac program for a PC, or a mobile Android/iThing app. Netgear labels them all as genies. Which are you using?

Your various images seem to be related to whatever you are using as a media player on the Macbook Air M2 Ventura. I'm afraid that is down to the Macbook.

Message 7 of 9
ejbpesca
Aspirant

It is a C6230 with no V2 on the label.

This is how Netgear instructions say to access the usb:

On a mac open Finder, Select GO, under go Select Connect to server and enter smb://readyshare.

That will open once I enter smb://ready share it asks I will allow the server to access files on my Mac. I click allow and get this:

Message 8 of 9

OK. A Mac thing. So I am out of my depth.

The fly in the ointment here could be that Apple keeps changing things in way that break stuff like ReadySHARE.

In Windows there is no need for anything to use a router's DLNA media server, you just fire up a media player and it finds the media files.

All I can suggest it this:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – ReadySHARE DLNA mac

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7