× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Restistration number will not work....Invalid number when it is printed write on it.

tipis
Aspirant

Restistration number will not work....Invalid number when it is printed write on it.

s/n# 4B35677DA1FOB will not register.  I got this 2 years ago and I am now registering and set it up.  I was in hospital and now getting to it and it will not let me.  Says in registering that this is not a valid #...this is not the number and it is the number.  has been checked several times.

MAC 10DA43822859

CUSTOMER # 12220332

I am getting frustrated the I have a new product that will not work because I waited two years. 

Linda Holley

tipisholley@yahoo.com

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
antinode
Guru

Re: Restistration number will not work....Invalid number when it is printed write on it.

> s/n# 4B35677DA1FOB will not register. [...]

Is that a letter "O", or a digit "0"?  (Allowing both in a serial
number would be a pretty foolish thing for Netgear to do.)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10

All Replies
antinode
Guru

Re: Restistration number will not work....Invalid number when it is printed write on it.

> s/n# 4B35677DA1FOB will not register. [...]

Is that a letter "O", or a digit "0"?  (Allowing both in a serial
number would be a pretty foolish thing for Netgear to do.)

Message 2 of 10
tipis
Aspirant

OMG....can I be that tired that I did a O instead of a 0?   Just saw that I typed that mistake.  Back to the drawing board?

Message 3 of 10
antinode
Guru

> OMG....can I be that tired that I did a O instead of a 0?

I don't know.  Now that we've largely left typewriters behind, you
can't use "l" for "1", either, but computer keyboards tend to have both.
It's a brave, new world.

Message 4 of 10
tipis
Aspirant

wELL, TIE ME TO A RAILROAD TRACK....you hit the nail on the head....but now, when I regesiter the number...I get this "This Serial number has already been registered in our system by a support representative."  So, someone is helping me at Netgear or I have really screwed the pooch here.  But I have a number or I don't.....Confused!??????  Cannot register or it was done?   Please someone let me know....I have been at this for 6 hours. 

Message 5 of 10
antinode
Guru

> [...] "This Serial number has already been registered in our system by
> a support representative." [...]

This comes up repeatedly in these forums.  I don't know the cause,
but you may need to contact (real) Netgear support, or one of the forum
moderators to overcome it.

Message 6 of 10
tipis
Aspirant

Just went back and search my profile and see that someone at Netgear has registered by wireless for me with the correct number 0.  Thank you. This 70 year old bat...who started out with cards and computors as big as a football stadium....thanks the gosts in the network and all those who chimed in here.  Now to see about rejoining the wireless work of Alexa and my door bell working again.   Wish my life was wireless at times......;-)  

Message 7 of 10

Fortran?

Message 8 of 10
antinode
Guru

> Fortran?

In those days, it was FORTRAN.  It's still easier than assembly
language.

Punched cards could handle 80 characters on one line, which is more
than can be said for this forum.  Progress?

Message 9 of 10
tipis
Aspirant

Yes.....now everyting is in a shorthand language and our disks were DISKS!  I thought a 300 baud modem was fast or whatching the big real tapes was something.  To think that all we had then fits in a pin head of metal.  What next.  And we are also up and running the wireless.  Still have problems with my heavy concrete walls but that is what extenders are for or what ever you call those auxillary litte repeater wireless thingies.  Thanks to this group for the help.  

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7