× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

The access control of my SXR80 will not unblock my new Ubiquiti US-24 switch

Gijoe37
Aspirant

The access control of my SXR80 will not unblock my new Ubiquiti US-24 switch

I use access contol (block all new devices) and allow them as i connect new devices.  the router will not unblock the Ubiquiti switch.  If i change the access contol setting to allow all new devices it lets it connect.  I have tried power cycling the router and the switch with no sucess.  Anyone have any idea's

Message 1 of 3
Gijoe37
Aspirant

Re: The access control of my SXR80 will not unblock my new Ubiquiti US-24 G1 switch

I thought i should add that the switch is connected to a wired port on the main router.

Message 2 of 3

Re: The access control of my SXR80 will not unblock my new Ubiquiti US-24 G1 switch

The Orbi SXR80 is not one of the General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk and Non-Orbi) devices covered in this section. (The Non-Orbi bit is a giveaway.) It isn't even a standard Orbi devices.

A lot of questions are generic and apply to most routers. In this case, I wouldn't be confident about that.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Orbi Pro - WiFi for Small Business - NETGEAR Communities

Those things are very different from the standard Netgear routers covered in this section.

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7