× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to login to WiFi on Netgear WNR3500LV2 on Moto X 2nf gen

sunrays
Aspirant

Unable to login to WiFi on Netgear WNR3500LV2 on Moto X 2nf gen

My brand new Moto X 2nd gen is unable to login to my home WiFi powered by Netgear WNR3500LV2 but has no problems logging in to the office network powered by a Cisco router. On my home network though, none of my other devices have any trouble logging in.

I've tried changing channel of the router, changed the encryption method, etc and performed a factory reset of the phone, but nothing helped. Please help!
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to login to WiFi on Netgear WNR3500LV2 on Moto X 2nf gen

@sunrays Sorry if I didn't make it clear that it has to be a wireless computer. You need to save the .cfg file on a computer in order to do restoration later on. Once you reset, all settings will be back to default. If you will be using a wireless computer to reconfigure the router, you will need to connect to the default wireless settings of the router. After you have connected then you may go and restore the settings by going into the same page where you downloaded the backup.

Let us know if you have more questions. We are here to help.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10

All Replies
rjbones
Guide

Just for testing, set the security to none and we will see if it connects. By then, we will be able to know if it is caused by the router's wireless security. 

Message 2 of 10
sunrays
Aspirant

Thanks rjbones! I have already tried that, but it didn't help! 😞

Message 3 of 10
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@sunrays Are you using a Netgear firmware on the router? Try reset and reconfigure. By the way, I suggest that you backup the router settings before resetting for easy reconfiguration.

Backup and Restore Settings

Regards,

Message 4 of 10
sunrays
Aspirant

Thank you @ElaineM! Yes, I do use Netgear firmware - the latest version available for the model.

Two questions:

1. Would you suggest I reset and reconfigure even though all my other devices are able to connect effortlessly? I am a little apprehensive of having trouble connecting through my other devices after the reset and reconfigure 🙂

2. For taking the backup of the existing settings, should I connect the router physically to a PC and save the backup on to the PC or is there another way?

Thanks for the help! Motorola is insisting that since the phone is able to connect with another WiFi network, it has to do something with the Netgear router or the settings.

Message 5 of 10
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@sunrays I know how it feels whenever there's a need to reset when there's only one that is not working. Resetting the router will be the last resort to this since you have done adjusting the wireless settings. You even set the wireless security to none and still does not connect, which is a puzzle.

To backup the settings, it doesn't need to be hardwired but if you can then that would be better to make sure that the settings are fully backed up without disconnection through the wifi.

Let us know what happens.

Regards,

Message 6 of 10
sunrays
Aspirant

@ElaineM thanks so much for the response. One question. I'm right now accessing router admin page through my other phone connected on the WiFi network. If I backup the settings on to this phone and reconfigure the router, would it be able to connect to the Internet and beam WiFi since the settings are all gone? If not, how would I be able to restore the settings saved on this phone or another device since them it won't be on the WiFi network? Please pardon my ignorance.

I really appreciate your help. Thanks a lot!
Message 7 of 10
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@sunrays Sorry if I didn't make it clear that it has to be a wireless computer. You need to save the .cfg file on a computer in order to do restoration later on. Once you reset, all settings will be back to default. If you will be using a wireless computer to reconfigure the router, you will need to connect to the default wireless settings of the router. After you have connected then you may go and restore the settings by going into the same page where you downloaded the backup.

Let us know if you have more questions. We are here to help.

Regards,

Message 8 of 10
sunrays
Aspirant

@ElaineM I just can't thank you enough!!! I just reset the settings, , had just a little trouble getting the internet and WiFi up again, but lo and behold - my new phone was able to log on!! I haven't restored the settings from backup since it's working fine and my old phone is also able to log on.

Can't tell you how thrilled I am to finally have this set up after a long frustrating wait. I almost broke out into a jig 🙂

If I were to put it in my daughter's lingo, you came like a fairy an sprinkled some pixie dust on my router! 🙂

Message 9 of 10
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@sunrays Great job! Thank you for the update!

Happy to hear the steps provided helped you get up and running.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7