× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgrade from R6100

vsnyder
Follower

Upgrade from R6100

I have a Genie R6100 router that I really like. But I'd like to upgrade to a gigabit router. One reason I like the R6100 is because I like the administrator's interface.

Is there a Netgear gigabit (10/100/1000) router that uses a similar admin interface? Even better, is there one for which I could save the settings from my R6100 and just upload them into it?

Message 1 of 3
microchip8
Master

Re: Upgrade from R6100

No and no.
Message 2 of 3

Re: Upgrade from R6100

@vsnyder wrote:

Is there a Netgear gigabit (10/100/1000) router that uses a similar admin interface?

What do you mean by that? All Netgear routers have a similar graphical user interface (GUI) that you get at with a web browser. The GUI has evolved over time but it should still be familiar.

You talk of a "Genie R6100 router". There is no such thing. There is the R6100 router that you could get at with the Netgear genie. But that is not a genuine admin interface so much as a way of playing with a few features. Netgear replaced the genie with the Nighthawk App which has the same role as the old genie but with more features.

If you mean that desktop genie for PCs and Macs, Netgear is trying to kill that, but it is still there. The Windows version works with current routers. But that too doesn't qualify as an admin interface so much as a useful network tool with limited admin function.

Even better, is there one for which I could save the settings from my R6100 and just upload them into it?

No.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7