× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR 3400v3 unable to connect to ISP automatically after Firmware upgrade

shobi4
Aspirant

WNDR 3400v3 unable to connect to ISP automatically after Firmware upgrade

After upgrading Firmware Version to 1.0.0.48

I am unable to automatically connect to ISP via PPPoE setup, using Login Info..

I am forced to use, no login required during setup and each time logging in via ISP's portal.

Need help.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WNDR 3400v3 unable to connect to ISP automatically after Firmware upgrade

For your "Connection Mode" set it to Always On.

If this still does not work, kindly post a screenshot of that window you're getting.

By the way, have you tried resetting the router after firmware upgrade?

If you have not, kindly push the reset button on the router for 10 seconds with a paperclip.

After resetting, reconfigure the router.

Let us know what happens.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @shobi4

Are you using the NETGEAR Genie Wizard in configuring the router?

If yes, try to reconfigure the router manually.

Message 2 of 5
shobi4
Aspirant

@ElaineM:It says disconnected. No matter how many times I manually configure it gives the same. Doesn't attempt to reach isp with login info provided. Which used to work with previous firmware.
Message 3 of 5
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

For your "Connection Mode" set it to Always On.

If this still does not work, kindly post a screenshot of that window you're getting.

By the way, have you tried resetting the router after firmware upgrade?

If you have not, kindly push the reset button on the router for 10 seconds with a paperclip.

After resetting, reconfigure the router.

Message 4 of 5
shobi4
Aspirant

@ElaineM: Thanks a LOT Cat Very Happy

Initially:

I configured it after resetting once the Firmware was flashed. ("As per the advice of the Support Technician", That was the first thing she wanted me to do once the firmware was updated.)

I ran the setup wizard. Initially when the connection was not connected. The Wizard did not recognize the type of connection.

The Tech adviced me to go to the ISP Portal and login manually. And it doesnt work automatically to connect.

I reached out to the forum thinking there could be other's who had a similar mishap after the firware upgrade.

After your last post, yesterday i ran the wizard once again (This time the internet is connected via visiting the ISP's portal). Here it recognized that my ISP is on PPPoE and requires username/password and it asked me to fill the form. After doing these and changing the ISP option to stay connected always from Dial On Demand, the connection seems to be stable now and working without a glitch.

PS: I apologize for the delay in response, was not able to find time to try the steps necessary to give an update.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7