× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WNDR-3700v2 firmware change of gui!

ToddeSwe
Guide

WNDR-3700v2 firmware change of gui!

Hi

The firmware in my WNDR.3700 v2 before the last one available had another nicer GUI but was removed when the last update was flashed.

Can someone tell me what was wrong with this firmware with th nicer GUI and why it was removed?

ToddeSwe

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
mbob4568
Guide

The firmware that had the modern GUI was V1.0.0.36 and is no longer available for download. I'm running it with no problems and I, like you,prefer the Genie interface as opposed to the old style GUI in V1.0.1.14 The current firmware has no reboot router botton and is missing a few other options that were in 1.0.0.36. If you would like 1.0.0.36 let me know and I could post if for you.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @ToddeSwe,

What firmware version you are referring to? From firmware version to what version?

Regards,

Message 2 of 10
ToddeSwe
Guide

The version before V1.0.1.14 i don't have the versionnumber of that one but i know it was the version before the one i have now because i've just updated twice that one i speak of and from that one to this one i have now. 🙂 Do you follow?! 🙂 he he he

Message 3 of 10
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ToddeSwe According to engineering, there is nothing wrong with the firmware. They just updated the smart wizard GUI to take advantage of additional features and consistency the product.

Regards,

Message 4 of 10
ToddeSwe
Guide

No there's nothing wrong with it but the gui changed to a more nicer one for a while then it went back to where it is now.

Message 5 of 10
mbob4568
Guide

The firmware that had the modern GUI was V1.0.0.36 and is no longer available for download. I'm running it with no problems and I, like you,prefer the Genie interface as opposed to the old style GUI in V1.0.1.14 The current firmware has no reboot router botton and is missing a few other options that were in 1.0.0.36. If you would like 1.0.0.36 let me know and I could post if for you.

Message 6 of 10
ToddeSwe
Guide

Hi and thanks!!

Yes please if it's not bad in some way? What have changed in the newer version? Please tell me where i can fetch it. 🙂

Message 7 of 10
mbob4568
Guide

ToddeSWE

Sent you DM with link

Message 8 of 10
ToddeSwe
Guide

Anyone knows what's changed from this version to the latest one?

Message 9 of 10
mbob4568
Guide

If I recall it fixed a minor security bug. Nothing major expect for leaving out a reboot button as well as no wireless AP function, and a downgraded GUI. As far as I'm concerned, the current firmware is not finished.

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7