× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR4000 — N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router

Grizz29
Follower

WNDR4000 — N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router

I just bought a security camera that requires 2 ghz and my router is currently using 5 ghz. How do I add another network so I can add my camera? It is a dual band router.
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: WNDR4000 — N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router

the wndr4000 has both 2.4ghz and 5ghz. 

Try logging into the router and check to see if the 2.4ghz is enabled or what the ssid for it is. 

Also, is the 2.4ghz led on the router lit up? or is it off

Message 2 of 3

Re: WNDR4000 — N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router

@Grizz29 wrote:
I just bought a security camera that requires 2 ghz and my router is currently using 5 ghz. How do I add another network so I can add my camera? It is a dual band router.

Go back to the original problem. As @plemans says your router is putting out wifi at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.

What are you doing that makes you think that there is no 2.4 GHz?

My guess is that you are using an app on mobile device that is connected to the 5 GHz to set up the camera. That should work just fine if the camera and phone are on the same wifi network.

If it isn't working, ask the people who made the camera how you are supposed to set it up. It really, isn't something that is down to router makers to fix.

Unfortunately, too many people who write apps for Internet of Things (IoT) gadgets don't know what they are doing. For example, a lot of programmers haven't noticed that many people have something like Mesh wifi which uses the same SSID for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.

People turn up here asking for help all the time. A good way to check is to search this community for the make of gadget you are trying to set up.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7