× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNR614 N300 does not work with Windows 10

kapilbagai
Aspirant

WNR614 N300 does not work with Windows 10

Hello Netgear Community,

I was using WGR614v7 and it was working fine with all my devices until recently when it switched off and then never turned on. So, I bought this WNR614 N300 Wi-Fi Router and since then have been facing connectivity issues with my laptop running on Windows 10. I have windows, android and ios based devices and the router works fine with all devices except the laptop running on Windows 10. It works for few minutes and then stops (happens so on and so forth). The error messages that I get are: 'Your computer is offline,' DNS server could not be found,' and 'your computer is not connected to the internet.' I contacted the customer suppor 2 times. First time, the executive told me to update the router firmware to "Firmware Version 1.1.0.32." Upon doing this, I found that the router was already running on this firmware. The executive then asked me to change the password, router name and channel but the issue remained. The second time, executive asked me to change the security options to 'WEP' along with the other things that the first executive asked me to do. Since my Windows 10 laptop was running perfectly fine with the Netgear router that I had earlier, it appears that there is some issue with the router compatibility for Windows 10. I looked internet for this issue and found that Negear also had issues with other models for devices running on Windows 10. Could someone plese help me in resolving this issue? Thanks.

Model: WNR614|N300 Wireless Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WNR614 N300 does not work with Windows 10

Hi @kapilbagai

Welcome to the community!

Have you tried updating the wireless adapter driver on your Windows 10 computer?

WNR614 has been tagged as EOL already and there will be no future firmware releases for this model.

How about if you statically assign the DNS address on the computer?

You may get the DNS numbers from the admin page of the router and assign it on your Windows 10 machine.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @kapilbagai

Welcome to the community!

Have you tried updating the wireless adapter driver on your Windows 10 computer?

WNR614 has been tagged as EOL already and there will be no future firmware releases for this model.

How about if you statically assign the DNS address on the computer?

You may get the DNS numbers from the admin page of the router and assign it on your Windows 10 machine.

Message 2 of 3
kapilbagai
Aspirant

DNS thing worked. I could not get it from the 'Advanced' setting and so took it from the customer care team. In the router's setting, the listed DNS was of my internet service provider.

Model: WNR614|N300 Wireless Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7