× NETGEAR would like to hear from you about specific features so we can improve your experience. To participate in this survey please click HERE.

WPA3/WPA2 mixed mode unavailable

MBA098
Follower

WPA3/WPA2 mixed mode unavailable

THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE  RAX40. IT IS ABOUT THE RAX15 !! The dropdown list did not have rax15 as an option so the RAX40 was the closest in terms of specs to the RAX15.

I had to factory reset the router due to it acting up and a glitch. Turns out, now the option in WiFi security to enable WPA3/WPA2 mixed mode is gone. I have run out of the chat/phone support that came with the purchase so I cannot reach out to them. Can someone else please confirm if the issue is the same for them or if anyone has had any luck in trying to resolve it before ? I am currently running it on WPA2-Personal only and am running firmware V1.0.2.82_2.0.52.

Thank you so much in advance !

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
olympos1625
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: WPA3/WPA2 mixed mode unavailable

Hi MBA098,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

First of all, we do apologize for the inconvenience of not getting back to you immediately due to the backlog in the system. Just to clarify, you have been using the latest firmware version with the WPA3 type security and the issue started after you factory reset the router, is that correct? Have you tried using a different web browser?

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
MikeRax
Aspirant

I have a RAX50 and like the last person with the latest firmware in place, I do not have an option to enable WPA2/WPA3, I only have options to enable either version separately, but NOT both at the same time as I've used on other routers.  Is this a temporary firmware problem?

Message 3 of 4

@MBA098 wrote:

THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE  RAX40. IT IS ABOUT THE RAX15 !! The dropdown list did not have rax15 as an option so the RAX40 was the closest in terms of specs to the RAX15.

This section is not about the RAX line of routers. (That's sometimes the reason why things don't appear in the drop down list.) While many queries apply to all routers, in this case the RAX stuff isn't ,much like the General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk and Non-Orbi) devices covered here.

When it comes to stuff like firmware, you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Routers with WiFi 6 (AX) - NETGEAR Communities

Just another user with a set of boilerplate macros.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E