× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Why won't my printer connect?

toao
Aspirant

Why won't my printer connect?

My HP Deskjet 3520 works great when I wirelessly connect it to my AT&T router.  I am changing service and am trying to connect it to my Netgear WNDR 3400 and my cable modem.  I have gone into my HP software and changed the wireless settings.  The HP wireless setup on my computer recognizes the SSID for my Netgear network.  When I log in to my Netgear router manager and look under attached devices, it lists the printer however, my computer doesn't recognize the printer being attached.  In control panel: printers it says that printer is offline.  Basically, when my computer and printer settings are connected to the AT&T modem it works, when my computer and printer settings are connected to the Netgear modem and cable router it doesn't.  Can anyone help? Please!!

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
toao
Aspirant

Re: Why won't my printer connect?

It took me forever, but it was actually pretty simple.  I simply had to uncheck the box for wireless isolation on my router manager.  I just lucked up and tried this and it worked!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Rerun the Add Printer wizard on your computer. Make sure your printer is on when you do this. Once you have completed this, you can safely remove the old printer instance from Devices and Printers.

Message 2 of 5
toao
Aspirant

When I try to add a printer in control panel, and I try to find a network printer, it won't find my printer.

Message 3 of 5
toao
Aspirant

It took me forever, but it was actually pretty simple.  I simply had to uncheck the box for wireless isolation on my router manager.  I just lucked up and tried this and it worked!

Message 4 of 5
TheEther
Guru

It sounds like your printer is using the wireless guest network. If that's what you intended, great, you're done. If not, then you may want to rejoin the printer to the internal network.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7