× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Why won't my printer connect?

major82
Aspirant

Why won't my printer connect?

I changed my router password. My wireless HP ENVY 5530 all-in-one printer is not recongized by the wireless network and does not print. My computer does not recognize the printer on the wireless network. Can anyone help? Please!

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Why won't my printer connect?

Hi @major82,

If you have successfully changed the password for your wireless network, your wireless devices may have saved the old password. You may have manually remove/forget the old settings for your wireless network and reconnect using the new password.

For the iPad:

Settings > Wi-Fi > Look for the name of your wireless network > Select the 'i' icon > Select Forget This Network > Then try reconnecting. It will prompt you for your new password.

For the computers:

Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Manage Wireless Networks > Select the name of your wireless network > Right click > Remove network. Then try reconnecting to the Wi-Fi network like you normally would.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @major82,

Did you change the router's wireless password? If yes, the printer may been disconnected from the network. You will have to reconnect the printer to the wireless network using the new password  that you have created. You may refer to your printer's user manual using the link below. The steps can be found on page 55.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03773204.pdf

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 6
major82
Aspirant

Dear Dexter, Thank you for your prompt response and the valuable information for the printer. I would appreciate it, if you could advise how I can connect to the other devices in my network system: iPad 3rd Generation with ios 9, Dell 1720 Laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium. Dell 1545 Laptop with Windows XP Pro, Dell Lattitude E6530 Laptop with Windows 7 Pro, 64bit. Any further assistance you can provide would sincerely be appreciated. Thank you. 

Message 3 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @major82,

If you have successfully changed the password for your wireless network, your wireless devices may have saved the old password. You may have manually remove/forget the old settings for your wireless network and reconnect using the new password.

For the iPad:

Settings > Wi-Fi > Look for the name of your wireless network > Select the 'i' icon > Select Forget This Network > Then try reconnecting. It will prompt you for your new password.

For the computers:

Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Manage Wireless Networks > Select the name of your wireless network > Right click > Remove network. Then try reconnecting to the Wi-Fi network like you normally would.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 6
major82
Aspirant

Dear Dexter, I opened the Manage Wireless Network, I see the wireless & Hardwired symbols. I right click on the Symbol & select Properties. The security tab is shown and I open the tab. The network security code is shown encrypted . Question? Can I just delete the old password and enter in the new one to achieve the laptop recognition by the network? Again, appreciate your valued help! Joel

Message 5 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

YES

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements