× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

how to set up a guest user - model r6300

alvinak
Aspirant

how to set up a guest user - model r6300

Hello

I need some help on setting up a guest user on my router.  I would greatly appreciate your help! 🙂 (I had just posted a new discussion on this, but I'm not sure if it went through so I'm posting it again. sorry about that!)

I am on the routerlogin.net, and would like to set up a guest user.  do i pick 2.4ghz or 5ghz?  which boxes do I click on?  its already automatically checked on the 'enable ssid broadcast'. which security options do I pick?  I only want to allow them to use the internet, and I want the best security. I just dont want them to have any access to my personal things.  I heard WPA2 is the best. should i check that? all of my devices are pretty new- about 3 years old at most.  

If someone could help me on this issue that would be great! thank you so much in advance.

alvina

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: how to set up a guest user - model r6300

I would use 2.4 GHz for your guest network. It's supported by all devices. Use WPA2-AES. It's the most secure encryption method. The guest network by default will only have Internet access. There is a setting to change it, but don't touch it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

I would use 2.4 GHz for your guest network. It's supported by all devices. Use WPA2-AES. It's the most secure encryption method. The guest network by default will only have Internet access. There is a setting to change it, but don't touch it.
Message 2 of 3
alvinak
Aspirant

Thank you!!! So do I just leave the default checked box alone and not check any other boxes? 

Does it give you the option to make a password for the guest user? and in the future, can I diable and enable the guest user?

Thanks so much again!! So helpful 🙂

Alvina 
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7