× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: password changing on a WGR614v9 router

ADS2
Follower

password changing on a WGR614v9 router

Good Day, 

We have had this router for a while and I need to change the password and I am having trouble finding instructions on how to.  The instructions I have found do not currently work as Netgear does not work the same as it used to.  The support links go back to their website and that has not been any help.  Our router is for our home office network and the computer is running  on  windows 10. 

If anyone in this group can help it would be most appreciated.  

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Model: WGR614-9UMGRS|WGR614v9 - Carrier SKU - Unity Media (Germany)
Message 1 of 3
wcalifas
Prodigy

Thats an easy thing to do on that router. Preferrably use a laptop to connect to one of the four ports through ethernet on the back of the router. On a browser either type 192.168.1.1 or www.routerlogin.net. The user will user and password will be for the password to log in. You'll be in the settings of the router, click on the wireless and you should be able to see the password and change it. One thing I didn't mention, if you're not able to log into your router through the login of user and password, it might mean that whoever set up your router changed those when they set it up. If that's the case you'll have to reset the router by pressing the reset button on the back with a paper clip so it can go back to default settings and you'll be able to log in with the user as user and password as the password.

Message 2 of 3

@ADS2 wrote:

We have had this router for a while and I need to change the password and I am having trouble finding instructions on how to. 

Which password is this? For the router's browser graphical user interface (GUI) or for the wifi

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7