× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r6300v2 problems

marshun1
Aspirant

r6300v2 problems

ive cycled my router and modem

checked for updates on my router

factory reset

i cannot connect to my router through the IP address or routerlogin.net via my computer which is connected with a cable.

screen says "this site cant be reached" "the connection was reset" "err_connection_reset".

once in a while the wifi just cuts out.

BUT! i can connect to routerlogin through my wifi devices.

my computer can access the internet.

Message 1 of 16

Accepted Solutions
marshun1
Aspirant

Re: r6300v2 problems

ok. service call was alright. but i can tell that this whole thread wasnt taken into consideration. 

but i figured it out. its kaspersky. uninstalled it, restarted browser, BAM. i can get into routerlogin. left it logged in and reinstalled my antivirus and all is well.

reinstalled latest firmware, power cycled everything. now i'll wait to see if the wireless drops. oh yeah, changed the channel back to 6. seems to go back to auto after firmware changes

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 16

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @marshun1,

1. Have you tried using www.routerlogin.net on the wired computer instead of the IP address?

2. Were you able to confirm if you are using the correct IP for the router?

3. Since your wireless devices can access the router UI, have you tried changing the wireless channel?

4. Does the issue persist on both bands (2.4GHz and 5GHz)?

5. What is the firmware version of the router?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 16
elthon_abreu
Aspirant

Hi,

I have the same issue. After a factory reset I can't access WebGUI.

Message 3 of 16
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @elthon_abreu,

1. Are your devices still able to go online while connected to the router via wired or wireless?

2. Is the computer still able to get a valid IP from the router?

3. Are you still able to ping the router's IP?

4. Try disconnecting the modem from the router and have only the computer connected to the router then try to access the web UI.

5. You can also try setting a static IP for the computer that is connected to the router. Make sure it is within the IP address range of the router if you are still able to ping it.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 16
marshun1
Aspirant

1. yes. the computer is hard wired to the router. 

2. yes ive confirmed the ip of the router

3. why would adjusting the wireless channel have any affect on why my hard wired computer cant log into the router? but yes i always take it off auto and put it on channel 6

4. it doesnt matter what band i use. the results are still the same

5. firmware is V1.0.4.2_10.0.74

ive still worked on this and once in a while it seems like power cycling works. its completely random.

Message 5 of 16
marshun1
Aspirant

thanks for even replying to the thread i started. 

i just had an idea. given my situation, would i be able to downgrade my firmware somehow?

Message 6 of 16
Ben_mt937
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue in every single way. I too have the R6300v2 AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router.

FIRMWARE Ver. 1.0.4.2_10.0.74  (latest firmware - maybe the cause?)

Issue started this year in 2016. I have had this router for almost three years working great.

Every few days both bands cut  in and out. I have changed my channels etc. No change.

Being in IT for 20 years I can say this router is not working correctly anymore.

Last week I had to completely unplug the routers power for about two minutes and plug it back in to even get back on the internet.

Any HELP would be much appreciated!

Ben

Model: R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router
Message 7 of 16
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @marshun1,

Yes, you may flash another firmware as part of the isolation. You may refer to the links below for the steps.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23960
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9665

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 8 of 16
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Ben_mt937,

1. Have you done a factory reset?

2. Have you tried re-flashing the firmware?

3. Did the issue occur with the previous firmware?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 9 of 16
marshun1
Aspirant

the button on the r6300v2 doesnt reset the firmware back. 

also, i still cant connect to my router via my computer/desktop.

i guess theres just no way to fix this. 

Message 10 of 16
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @marshun1,

Pressing the reset button on the router will only restore the default settings on the router and will not revert the firmware back to the previous version. You will have to download the previous firmware and manually flash it so that you can revert back to the older firmware version.

You can go to the link below. Click on Downloads then View Previous Versions.

http://www.netgear.com/support/product/R6300v2.aspx

Once you have the firmware version that you prefer to use then you may refer to the links for the steps on how to flash the firmware then perform a factory reset.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23960
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9665

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 11 of 16
marshun1
Aspirant

well i cant connect to the router through my computer. i guess i have to get another computer or something to flash the firmware.

so theres no other way to do this huh?

Message 12 of 16
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @marshun1,

We highly recommend performing the re-flash with a wired computer to avoid any chance of corrupting the firmware during the process.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 13 of 16
marshun1
Aspirant

alright. i broke out my 2004 laptop and got it working.

wired it to the router and was able to reflash. i tried reflashing the current firmware and an older one. still no change. 

i was able to confirm that it doesnt seem to be something on the router. router seems to be in order (aside from dropping wireless signal randomly now)

ive looked through my firewall settings. i dont see anything that looks weird to me. ive turned the firewall off. no change. 

Message 14 of 16
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @marshun1,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 15 of 16
marshun1
Aspirant

ok. service call was alright. but i can tell that this whole thread wasnt taken into consideration. 

but i figured it out. its kaspersky. uninstalled it, restarted browser, BAM. i can get into routerlogin. left it logged in and reinstalled my antivirus and all is well.

reinstalled latest firmware, power cycled everything. now i'll wait to see if the wireless drops. oh yeah, changed the channel back to 6. seems to go back to auto after firmware changes

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7