× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: wndr3400v2 and chromecast

shan9203
Aspirant

wndr3400v2 and chromecast

I recently had some wifi issues so I called Netgear support and the gentleman was very helpful and got me up and running with a new wifi password and renamed my home network among other things. He madue some other outages to my router settings along the way but I do not remember exactly what he changed. That was a few days ago. Today I went to setp my Chromecast devices since I changed the name of my home network and the password and something strange happened. As soon as I hit the setup button on the Chromecast app my wifi signal drops so I get a message that says cannot communicate with your chromecast because the device I am using is no longer on the network. I have tried this with several android phones and my windows laptop...no luck. I was able to set up the Chromecasts using my phone before I called for support. Since I was charged through the nose for support I am hoping someone can tell me what settings on my router may cause this to happen and how to change them back. Thanks.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Aaron65
Aspirant

Chrome cast will only work on the 2.4 wifi 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
wcalifas831
Prodigy

Well if you say that you changed your network name and the password you have to go to the chromecast networks available and select the new name of the network and use the new password to join the newly named network.

Message 2 of 6
shan9203
Aspirant

Thank you but in order to change those setings on the Chromecast I ned to be able to connect to it first which I cant because I get booted off the wifi network. Make sense? I am convinced it is a router setting that is making the wifi signal to drop when I try to set up the Chromecast. 

Message 3 of 6
Aaron65
Aspirant

There is a reset button on chrome cast stick reset and connect to new wifi

Message 4 of 6
Aaron65
Aspirant

Chrome cast will only work on the 2.4 wifi 

Message 5 of 6
shan9203
Aspirant

It turns out I needed to power cycle my modem and my router then it worked. Thanks for the comments.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7