× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Having problems setting up Voice Vlan with passthrough Data Vlan on Netgear s3300 Switches

CSpencer
Follower

Having problems setting up Voice Vlan with passthrough Data Vlan on Netgear s3300 Switches

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble setting up ports on some s3300 (28X-PoE and 52X-PoE) switches to allow Polycom IP phones to connect on the voice vlan (let's say VLAN10) while the computer connected to the IP phone's PC port would connect to the data vlan (let's say it's the default vlan 1). 

I have tried various configurations -- Auto VOIP OUI mode, Auto Protocol mode, and configuring Voice VLan manually -- and none seem to work, so I must be missing something.  Here are the current settings:

1) I create the second VLAN for voice and specified the number is set up on Vlan 10

2) I specified under "Vlan Membership" that the default VLAN remain untagged and for VLAN 10, on the ports I want for the phone, I set those to tagged (let's say ports 10 - 30)

3) Under Auto-VoIP OUI table, I added the custom OUI of the phones

4) Under the OUI Properties, I specified VLAN 10 as the voice vlan

5) In the OUI Port settings, I selected ports 10 - 30 and set them to Enable.

6) I've tried setting ports 10 - 30 to Enable in the VLAN > Voice VLAN Configuration as well keeping them as disabled

Right now, what happens is the phones will get the IP of the Data VLAN and not the Voice VLAN.

I can only get the Voice VLAN if I specify a port as an access port for VLAN 10.  Or if I set the PVID of the port to 10 instead of 1.  But, of course, with these settings (even while having "1,10" as the members), the PC will also be on the VLAN 10 instead of VLAN 1.

I have to be missing something, but I'm not sure what it is.  Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

Model: S3300-28X-PoE+ (GS728TXP)|ProSafe 24 ports stackable smart switches with POE+
Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Having problems setting up Voice Vlan with passthrough Data Vlan on Netgear s3300 Switches

@CSpencer

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Not sure if this will help.  Let me share the article below and use it as your reference guide: 

Auto-VoIP and LLDP-MED Guide

Let me share the forum link below and it might give you an idea as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Managed-Switches/AUTO-VOIP-VLAN-or-manual-need-help-with-initial-co...

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements