× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6150 WiFi Adapter; somehow "disabled" and can neither reinstall nor uninstall

RexLawyer
Follower

A6150 WiFi Adapter; somehow "disabled" and can neither reinstall nor uninstall

My A6150 shows as "disabled".  Attempts to "enable" shows it flashing "enabled" but cycling back to "disabled".  Running a diagnostic came back with:  "There might be a problem with the driver for the WiFi adapter."  So, I went to the Netgear site and downloaded the standalone driver (i.e. A6150_Windows_Standalone_V1.0.0.5).  I extracted the files to get what is shown below.  Every attempt to either reinstall or delete (so that I can reinstall), leaves me with a progress screen that never shows more "green on the bar" than a few millimeters.  You can see that in the first attachment below.  Odder still my attempts to cancel the install/uninstall does nothing.  I need to go into Task Manager and "end task".  HELP!No progress.png

Driver folder.png

Res folder.png

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: A6150 WiFi Adapter; somehow "disabled" and can neither reinstall nor uninstall

Scratch the Genie installer. You already have the drivers and files required in the right location. Just point Windows to the right folder - look here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/USB-WIFI-Adapters/Issues-installing-A6150-wifi-USB-adapter-in-Windo... 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7