× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: A6200 timing out Windows 10

Dugite
Guide

Nah, never lasted the night, but after unchecking the sleep function it seemed to last longer, but when I looked just now it was "off line"  back to the drawing board

Message 26 of 32
JamesGL
Master

@Dugite

Please follow the steps below and provide feedback if it resolves.

1. With the A6200 plugged in, uninstall the old NETGEAR software and drivers. To do this, open Control Panel.
  2. Click on “Uninstall a program”. 
  3. Click on “NETGEAR A6200 Genie” and click Uninstall
  4. Once uninstall has completed, unplug your A6200 adapter and restart your PC.
  5. If you are using USB 3.0, you will need to upgrade the USB host controller. 
  • To determine if you are using USB 3.0, see Microsoft’s support article USB 3.0 Devices.
  • For information on how to update the USB host controller driver, visit your motherboard manufacturer’s website.

For more information on updating drivers in Windows 10, see Microsoft’s support article: How to Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

1. Ensure that you have installed all of the necessary updates for Windows 10 before proceeding. For more information on installing Windows updates, see Microsoft’s support article Service Pack and Update Center.
  2. Download and extract the A6200 softwareto a convenient place such as your desktop.
  3. Choice one of listed execution file and run. 
  • standalone-V1.0.011-win8.1_win10_signed.exe (with NETGEAR Genie )
  • setup-V1.0.0.26-win8.1_win10_signed.exe (Driver Only)
  1. Follow the on-screen installation instructions (insert the adapter when prompted)
  2. When the installation has completed, restart your PC.

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 27 of 32
Dugite
Guide

Update for me only, after weeks of trying all suggestions, downloading drivers, removing reinstalling software I have given up.  Windows X has been on the board for developers for at least two years now and has been officially released.  I can't believe that a company like netgear can't be bothered to beta test their hardware with a developers release of windows X which I'm sure MS would have made available to Netgear.  Such is my dissapointment and the need for a stable internet (I do a lot of data crunching at night which is uploaded and downloaded all the time), I went out to day and purchased a D-Link AC1900 11AC Wi-Fi USB 3.0 Adaptor.  Installation was simple, and my download speeds are now back to fantastic.  No packet loss, no disconnects.  My OLD A6200 really is now, just a paper weight.  I know I'm only one user, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has left Netgear for good over this issue.  

Good luck people, FWIW, the DWA-192 is awesome...

Message 28 of 32
FatalArchetype
Initiate

Same issue happening here. A bit disheartened to see that these issues are still going on and no update has been released yet. Might be time to switch to a different manufacturer for my wireless gear.

1. What model of adaptor are you having issues with? A6200
  2. Is the Win10 install a fresh install or an upgrade? Upgrade
  3. If an upgrade, from what version of Windows? Windows 8.1
  4. What is the H/W model of the PC/tablet/netbook? Custom built pc.
    dx.PNG
  5. What driver version are you attempting to install? A6200-V1.0.0.26-1_Software-version
  6. Did you try installing with AV / Firewall disabled? No effect.
  7. What error messages do you see? No error messages. 
  8. If no error messages what failure of functionality do you see? Just disconnects/uninstalls under heavy data usage as well as intermittent other times.
Message 29 of 32
Plattfish
Guide

Same issue as everyone else, my a6200 constantly dropping connection forcing a hard reset. It's clearly a driver issue, as no amount of uninstalling and reinstalling them makes any difference. I think we just need to wait for Netgear to get their act together and put out some functioning Windows 10 drivers. Unfortuantely, my adapter is all but useless in the meantime, which is pretty frustrating. I've had no other driver issues since the upgrade, I wonder why Netgear is having such a miserable time getting their products to work...

Message 30 of 32
JamesGL
Master

Hi @Plattfish,

Please provide the System information of your computer just like what @FatalArchetype provided.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 31 of 32
Dustrega
Star

To assist in the most rapid and complete solutions Netgear engineers would be most grateful if people could provide some specific information. This thread is now somewhat confused as it deals with three different adaptors, and each has its own driver.

Please answer as much of the following as possible in a reply to this thread;

1. What model of adaptor are you having issues with?
  2. Is the Win10 install a fresh install or an upgrade?
  3. If an upgrade, from what version of Windows?
  4. What is the H/W model of the PC/tablet/netbook?
  5. What driver version are you attempting to install?
  6. Did you try installing with AV / Firewall disabled?
  7. What error messages do you see?
  8. If no error messages what failure of functionality do you see?

1. A6200

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

3. Updated from Windows 7 Ultimate

4. Custom Desktop PC w/ ASUS Z-37 Plus Intel Motherboard (DXDiag information)

5. All Windows 10 compatible driver versions both standalone and with Genie software

6. AV / Firewall were both disabled during install attempts

7. No errors,drivers will install and device will show up in Device Manager, and networks are discoverable.

8. Device will intermittently disconnect from wireless network at random (router has been ruled out as other wireless devices stay connected on both 2.4 and 5 GHz frequencies). Event 10400 prevalent in Windows System Event Viewer when disconnection occurs.

Message 32 of 32
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7