× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: A6210 NEEDS UPDATE! PLEASE STOP IGNORING THIS NETGEAR!

Bricemb96
Tutor

A6210 NEEDS UPDATE! PLEASE STOP IGNORING THIS NETGEAR!

Regarding A6210 - AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter — 802.11ac Dual Band USB 3.0

Windows 11.

A6210 Software Version 1.0.0.39

I have been sent here by support to post this because they refuse to do anything, even though i see there is MANY post regarding this issue already and NetGear hasn't done anything about it. Yet as the support representative says that managers always read this and take action. i have seen no action taken with all the post regarding same situation.

The last release which Crashes completely is from 2018 and nothing has been done about it.

There is even an open known issue with the latest release that NetGear even admits to... still nothing!

No Windows 11 support still. 

No help still. 

AC1200 USB 3.0 WiFi Adapter (A6210) 

Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

@Bricemb96 wrote:

Yeah the representative was rude the entire time, and clearly lied just being lazy and careless. 

All this together changes the way i see Netgear completely.----Not sure if you talked to netgear as their support is only free for the first 90 days. After that, its paid support. Most of the consumer networking gear uses this model as its expensive to run support and most people try to use it as their own IT department (not saying you were. Just explaining why they've switched to this model)

So there is no manager that actively reads these as thought, and mods are rare that have no ability to escalate the issue either.----There's mods on here but they tend to be more active on the more expensive devices (like orbi or readynas forums)

What did you mean by highlighting the issue you just meen posting it here right?---It does help to have on here because the more posts they see about the same issue, the more likely they are to consider it a systemic issue and looks for updates versus thinking its just a single persons issue. 

@netgear is crap. Got it.----Didn't say that. Just explaining the current consumer gear issues you'll find for most companies. 

Thanks for the reply though i do appreciate it! @plemans 

There's a few posts on the forum that might help that have had similar issues. 

https://kb.netgear.com/23352/A6200-A6210-WNDA3100v2-wireless-adapter-intermittently-disconnects

Re: A6210 keeps disconnecting - NETGEAR Communities

SOLVED: Constant Disconnection of Netgear A6210 Ad... - NETGEAR Communities

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 15

All Replies
plemans
Guru

I think support was leading your poorly or wanting to get you off the phone. 

While there are some mod's on here, they don't have much pull and aren't that active on here. 

So while it helps to highlight issues, not a whole lot happens. 

There's a few posts about disabling some of the built in windows management features that can cause conflicts. 

Message 2 of 15
Bricemb96
Tutor

Yeah the representative was rude the entire time, and clearly lied just being lazy and careless. 

All this together changes the way i see Netgear completely.

So there is no manager that actively reads these as thought, and mods are rare that have no ability to escalate the issue either.

What did you mean by highlighting the issue you just meen posting it here right?

@netgear is crap. Got it.

Message 3 of 15
plemans
Guru

@Bricemb96 wrote:

All this together changes the way i see Netgear completely.----Not sure if you talked to netgear as their support is only free for the first 90 days. After that, its paid support. Most of the consumer networking gear uses this model as its expensive to run support and most people try to use it as their own IT department (not saying you were. Just explaining why they've switched to this model)

So there is no manager that actively reads these as thought, and mods are rare that have no ability to escalate the issue either.----There's mods on here but they tend to be more active on the more expensive devices (like orbi or readynas forums)

What did you mean by highlighting the issue you just meen posting it here right?---It does help to have on here because the more posts they see about the same issue, the more likely they are to consider it a systemic issue and looks for updates versus thinking its just a single persons issue. 

@netgear is crap. Got it.----Didn't say that. Just explaining the current consumer gear issues you'll find for most companies. 

There's a few posts on the forum that might help that have had similar issues. 

https://kb.netgear.com/23352/A6200-A6210-WNDA3100v2-wireless-adapter-intermittently-disconnects

Re: A6210 keeps disconnecting - NETGEAR Communities

Message 4 of 15
Bricemb96
Tutor

Now your saying your not sure if I talked to Netgear support? who do you think I was talking to? Don’t be foolish man.
OBVIOUSLY I wouldn’t be on here posting about it had I spoke to Burger King about it…
Netgear support directly through their site fool.

Yes I bought I new from BestBuy so yes I still had the 90 day support.
Don’t jump to things knowing nothing of the situation.

Yes Netgear is horrible, very well known.

A question for now is who accepted this and a resolution lmao likely a Netgear MOD lmfao.
Sheesh people
Message 5 of 15

@Bricemb96 wrote:
Now your saying your not sure if I talked to Netgear support? who do you think I was talking to? Don’t be foolish man.
OBVIOUSLY I wouldn’t be on here posting about it had I spoke to Burger King about it…
Netgear support directly through their site fool.

There is no need to be abusive, especially to unpaid volunteers. As you suggested, rude support people are a nightmare. But so are rude customers.

A bit of background might help.

That was a legitimate question. Too often people turn up here after doing a web search for "Netgear support". They get sucked into scam sites that have nothing to do with Netgear.They just want your money.

People have lost money and have had their networks compromised  by these crooks. That is why people like @plemans try to warn anyone who might have hit these scammers. When we spot them, we also try to let Netgear know so that it can unleash its lawyers on them.

Message 6 of 15
Hugzy
Tutor

Why is the Netgear A6210 wireless adapter still being sold in stores if it has NO Windows 11 support?

Message 7 of 15

@Hugzy wrote:

Why is the Netgear A6210 wireless adapter still being sold in stores if it has NO Windows 11 support?

Does it claim to support Windows 11?

Have you installed the Windows 10 drivers?

A6210 Software Version 1.0.0.39 - NETGEAR Support

I have yet to come across a device that works in Windows 10 but not Windows 11.

Did you try this?

Message 8 of 15
Hugzy
Tutor

As Windows 11 is the ONLY windows that is NOT end of life, there should be ONLY Windows 11 devices for sale at major retailers such as Best Buy unless CLEARLY marked that they are for Windows no longer supported.

Your assholish comment is why my companies will no longer purchase Netgear products. We will also strongly recommend to our clients & customers to avoid these products.

Message 9 of 15
Hugzy
Tutor

Googling throughout the internet will bring up hundreds of threads regarding the A6210 NOT working with Windows 11.  

As for your comment that you have yet to find a Windows 10 driver that does not work with Windows 11 shows either that you are young & dumb or just foolish.

If a device manufacturer does NOT release Windows 11 drivers that is usually indicative that the device in questions does not fully work in Windows 11 (as I have experienced with this bad device purchased at Best Buy).....

Just admit that the device sucks for Windows 11 and say it so people do NOT continue looking or waiting for a 'fix'...

Message 10 of 15
plemans
Guru

You do realize the A6210 was released in 2014? A decade ago. 

I'd never recommend anyone buy a device that old 

Message 11 of 15
Bricemb96
Tutor

Thank you @Hugzy!

Finally someone with some common sense and understands the issue.

If a company is STILL selling the product they should obviously be supporting said product. In this case NetGear hasn’t supported it for awhile no obviously so they need to stop selling it as if it is supported.

I was shocked with the customer service support I received from NetGear! Never have I seen such rude, deceiving, and problematic support like I have with NetGear.
Even after proving my recent purchase at the time with providing a receipt one agent literally canceled the warranty registration from when I registered it and than said contact bestbuy for support.

Even worse is the fact I’m not asking for a refund or return from NetGear I was simply asking them to support the products they are still selling in big retailers like BestBuy.
Apparently respectfully asking support to submit a case to the developer team to release a driver update for a product they are still selling was asking WAY to much of them.

Also before I uploaded the receipt the first agent was quick to tell me I’m lying and that I didn’t recently buy it so they are closing the ticket. Wild that they get away with this garbage!
Message 12 of 15

@Hugzy wrote:

As for your comment that you have yet to find a Windows 10 driver that does not work with Windows 11 shows either that you are young & dumb or just foolish.

My my, such a sensitive soul.

I was just reporting my experience. Perhaps deliberately, you have also misquoted what I wrote.

"I have yet to come across a device that works in Windows 10 but not Windows 11."

Devices and drivers are different animals. In some cases, Windows 11 has its own built-in support for devices that once needed drivers.

I have plugged various Netgear USB adapters and other USB devices into Windows 11 PCs. Everything that worked in Windows 10 continued to work in Windows 11.

I do have some even older stuff that does not work in Windows 10 or 11. But Netgear does not claim that they will work in Windows 10 just as it makes no claims for the A6210 and Windows 11.

If you check the product pages, you will see that the A6210 is "Not available" from Netgear. It does not sell this wifi adapter, but it has no control over the stuff that sits in warehouses and stores around the world.

Instead, it says:

"A newer model of this adapter is now available. Upgrade your Laptop to WiFi 6E with the A8000 WiFi 6E Adapter."

Netgear does claim that this supports Windows 11.

It also adds:

"This AC1200 USB 3.0 adapter, with high-gain antennas, can make even your older Windows®-based laptops and desktops connect at the speed of 802.11ac."

In my case, I went for PCIe add in cards that support 6 GHz. Not from Netgear of course. Other 6 GHz devices have been know to cause grief in Windows 11. We had a spate of people turning up here blaming Netgear routers for not working with 6GHz wifi. It turned out to be an Intel issue

I would not be surprised if Netgear simply ignore someone who fails to pass the "civil behaviour" test.

Message 13 of 15
Bricemb96
Tutor

""If you check the product pages, you will see that the A6210 is "Not available" from Netgear. It does not sell this wifi adapter, but it has no control over the stuff that sits in warehouses and stores around the world.
Instead, it says:
"A newer model of this adapter is now available. Upgrade your Laptop to WiFi 6E with the A8000 WiFi 6E Adapter." ""

Your to quick to speak without know facts or anything regarding the matter, WHEN I posted this topic the product WAS still being sold by NetGear and the current information was different as it didn’t have the new updated model advertisement on the product page. (Not that it matters)

So I get your some kind of fanboy for NetGear for whatever reason so your trying to defend their ridiculous 💩 and low quality support but reality is your statements were not valid at the time I posted this topic so…
Message 14 of 15
Bricemb96
Tutor

It still amazes me to look back on that support case and see how quick they were to rudely respond and treat me like crap.

Also for a company to only support their products for only 90 days from the date of purchase says a lot about the quality overall.
Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7