× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A7000 stalls on 5g network, but not 2.4g

Lrodgers360
Follower

A7000 stalls on 5g network, but not 2.4g

I'm using a AC1900 3.0 wifi adapter on my Windows 10 PC. Our home internet is routed through a Nighthawk XR700. If I connect to the 5G wifi, I get a good connection for a while. Within 30 minutes, the internet stalls (says I am still connected to the internet, but nothing loads). If I disconnect the wifi then reconnect, I get internet back for a while, then it stalls again. This problem is not occurring with any other devices on the network.

I notice that I do not have this problem if I connect to the 2.4 wifi connection. 

Cant get live technical support from Netgear because out of one year warranty (grrr!)

Anyone else having this issue?

Message 1 of 2

Re: A7000 stalls on 5g network, but not 2.4g

@Lrodgers360 wrote:

I'm using a AC1900 3.0 wifi adapter on my Windows 10 PC.

Is it Windows that shows this message?

As this is a USB devices attached to a Windows PC, I'd start by troubleshooting at that end of the chain.

The first things I would do is check the properties of the USB adapter. Is it set to turn off the device to reduce power consumption?

In Windows Control Panel and Device Manager, find your adapter in the Network adapters branch.

michaelkenward_0-1703673702254.png

Continuing in Windows, I would also ensure that my PC has that latest drivers for its USB chips. This is not something that Windows update will find.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7