× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't see 5ghz on a6210 with a 6400 1750 netgear router and other router/modem on desktop

yasdaz
Aspirant

Can't see 5ghz on a6210 with a 6400 1750 netgear router and other router/modem on desktop

Hi, I have a 6210 usb adapter with a 6400 1750ac netgear router.  I have had this combo with my desktop (gigabyte f2a88x-d3hp motherboard, f2 amd processor) and it has worked well for years.  I wipe out my computer and reinstall every year or so.   This year I reinstall with the same drivers (since they have not been updated for a long time) and found that the 5ghz channel was not visible when I installed the drivers.  It was visible when I first did a fresh install with windows and used the windows generic drivers.  Other devices such as the tv, cell phone, etc... seem to see the channel.  

I have seen similar threads on the board but no real solution but thought I would bring it up again.  Usually with these types of boards, company reps monitor and reply but I have not seen anyone like that post.  

Anyway, it was working but now is not with no change to any variables except maybe Windows 10.  I have seen, however, problems with this issue from way back before Windows 10.  

Wtf?  Thanks, Yasmine

Model: A6100|WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 2
yasdaz
Aspirant

Re: Can't see 5ghz on a6210 with a 6400 1750 netgear router and other router/modem on desktop

Hi, just fyi, I tried the 6200 adapter that I have as well and it had the same issue, not showing 5ghz channel with my (netgear) router.  However, it is showing 5ghz with other routers in the area.  

I really feel angry as there is no way to get support from netgear without paying $50 (as I bought it years ago).  I feel I should be able to get support as it is an issue I would have had if I had bought it right now.  And none of the threads detailing this problem have had any response from netgear's official reps on this board that I can see :(.  It is like netgear has abandonned those of us with this issue.  

I have updated the router, checked its settings, done everything I can think of.  I am happy to try a different channel if someone can tell me which one.  Or I am happy to try a different setting either in windows or on the router if someone can tell me which one.  

I don't want to have to get a new adapter from another company but I will do so soon if this does not resolve.  Or I will run the adapter with windows generic drivers which I can only access when I reinstall windows and don't install netgear's drivers.  Yasmine

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series