× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Looking For Something Similar

beezoluh
Follower

Looking For Something Similar

I purchased the AC1900 USB for my PC since it doesn't have anything for a wi-fi connection and it has been great! There's no lag and great connection speed.

My boyfriend is looking for something similar that can be plugged into a PS5 to help receive the wi-fi signal and make it strong. Does anyone know of any sort of plug-in that can go into a PS5 to do these? We've tried the extenders, powerlines, moca things, etc etc. 

I'm strictly looking for a device that plugs into the PS5.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3

Re: Looking For Something Similar

@beezoluh wrote:

I'm strictly looking for a device that plugs into the PS5.

Your best bet is to ask the PS5 community.

Netgear's wifi adapters are designed for PCs. Windows and Macs. (Support for Macs of poor.) You can't plug them into other systems.

My boyfriend is looking for something similar that can be plugged into a PS5 to help receive the wi-fi signal and make it strong.

Look for ways to beef up the wifi signal. Maybe put an access point/extender to make the wifi go further and put that nearer to the PS5.

Message 2 of 3

Re: Looking For Something Similar

@beezoluh wrote:

My boyfriend is looking for something similar that can be plugged into a PS5 to help receive the wi-fi signal and make it strong.

Netgear's USB adapters are for Windows PCs and some Macs.

Look elsewhere to find something for a PS5.

Doesn't this have wifi built in?

Even if a plug-in wifi adapter did exist, it would probably hit the same brick wall.

If the wifi isn't strong enough to support that, look for something that improves the wifi.

We've tried the extenders, powerlines, moca things, etc etc. 

Maybe you need a better one of those. Hard to tell without knowing what you tried and failed with.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7