× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear A6100 Disconnecting on 5g and slow speed on 2.4g

beepbopskeedop
Follower

Netgear A6100 Disconnecting on 5g and slow speed on 2.4g

I have a windows 10 operating system and whenever i try and switch to 5g with this netgear a1600 the network speed tanks from 40 mbps being stable for a few seconds, down to 600 kbps. It only happens when i put strain on it such as downloading a game or running a video. So i have to resort to my 2.4 ghz wifi, but that runs at 5 mbps which is still super slow. Help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 2

Re: Netgear A6100 Disconnecting on 5g and slow speed on 2.4g

@beepbopskeedop wrote:

I have a windows 10 operating system and whenever i try and switch to 5g with this netgear a1600 the network speed tanks from 40 mbps being stable for a few seconds, down to 600 kbps.

Not much to go on here. While 5 GHz is faster than 2.4 GHz, it has a shorter range and is likely to succumb to interference. Do other wifi clients perform a lot better on the speed front?

I'm a bit puzzled  by this :

So i have to resort to my 2.4 ghz wifi, but that runs at 5 mbps which is still super slow. Help would be appreciated!

Where does the original 40 Mbps come from? Even 2.4 GHz should be able to deliver that.

What is your Internet speed? What delivers the wifi signal?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7