× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear A6210 internet drops

assimost
Aspirant

Re: Netgear A6210 internet drops

I just installed that driver. Although windows 10 wouldn't let me so I had to use admin CMD prompt to get around that.

Hopefully that will solve my problem. Every so often I would only loose my browser connectivity, P2P would still work but I think Steam would go down too. So weird. Anyhow it seems that with this driver I cannot get the 5ghz signal to show up so I am limited to 2.4ghz. Anyone know how to fix that issue?

Message 26 of 46
assimost
Aspirant

As an update I have used the Mediatech driver for awhile now and I still get the same problem. Not sure what is causing the issue. Maybe its a windows 10 thing or maybe its the router itself. Its just that I don't loose p2p so what could cause only the browsers to drop out?

Message 27 of 46
KJVC
Aspirant

Hi,

I too am having the same issue. When looking through the properties ofr the device i found somthing in the "advanced" section labelled "multimedia/gamingEnvironment" which was initially disabled. I tried enabling this to see if it would improve my connection while playing a game and it did seem to, however the next time i tried i was back to having conneciton drops so I'm not very sure about this solution.

Message 28 of 46
JBrander7
Guide

Hi mate I cannot figure this out at all..

I download the software.

I have uninstalled both the genie and the driver, in doing so removes the software.

Install the new Driver.

Connect the genie, but it wont recognize the device and fail to install.

Install using software and reload.

I can only assume it is using the original driver.

This is frustrating alright.

Message 29 of 46
daniluvsuall
Aspirant

I'm having this problem too on Windows 10... used the Genie software.

I thought it was my internet connection, but the disconnect co-incided with another disconnect to my local network.

What's the status with this?

Message 30 of 46
JBrander7
Guide

Sorry mate, I have zero help from anything or anyone on this matter. 

Message 31 of 46
daniluvsuall
Aspirant

No worries - it was more of a poke towards someone from Netgear as I saw that they replied half way through 😉

I've since returned mine in light of this, the disconnects were causing me issues - home worker.

Message 32 of 46
KevL89
Aspirant

Same here, since my update to Win10 Pro from Win 7 Pro I have these drops with my Netgear Wifi adapter. There wasn't any problem before. You can recognize it when playing online or streaming videos, sometimes a reboot helps. 

Why isn't there any reaction from Netgear since the problem is now know for several months, this is such a bad support. 

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 33 of 46
darrylpluto
Aspirant

Hello, I am having a similar issue where whenever I start to play online video games my connection will randomly drop out for a second or two then immediately reconnect, although this doesn't sound like a big issue it's very annoying when you're in the middle of an intense match and you're kicked from the game server for losing connection. I have tried everything sugguested in this thread and I still have no proper fix. Please, someone at Netgear, help us.

Edit: I'm running Windows 7 ultimate if this matters. It's odd because for the last six months I've had this adapter it's worked like a dream, it's only started doing this a few days ago

Message 34 of 46
JamesGL
Master

Hi darrylpluto,

Try to uninstall the driver with genie and reinstall using the standalone driver.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 35 of 46
JamesGL
Master

Hi darrylpluto,,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 36 of 46
Innvaer
Aspirant

Hi!

I have the same problem as darrypluto, but im on Windows 10. I tried to uninstall the driver/genie and install the standalone driver. 

Run into som problems in the prossess, like my pc didn't recognize the adapter when i was told to plug it in, but i got around it and got connection again.

However it didn't help in regards to the issue when im playing video games, i keep losing connection for 1-2 seconds, then i reconnects back. This is a big issue.

It feels like package loss or something. It was working totally fine for the first 3 months after purchase, it just started 2-3 days ago.

- On device manager it says my driver versjon is:  5.1.22.0

- Windows 10

Thanks for any help.

Message 37 of 46
JBrander7
Guide

Mate save yourself the headache, cut your losses and move on from that failed product. There is no fix. The NETGEAR staff have done absolutely nothing. I splashed out $80 on a D-LINK and it works amazingly. In comparison cheaper and more reliable. 

Message 38 of 46
bigfatron
Tutor

Is this issue being worked on? Mine is now intolerably unstable (been dropping out a couple of times per hour today) and if no fix is forthcoming or in the works then i'd rather just cut my losses and get my money back and buy something that actually works reliably.

Message 39 of 46
aLi112
Aspirant

Hello i also have this problem i got the product 3 weeks ago, every time i play games i would lose connection and then it would reconnect even when i stream it would stop after couple of mins of streaming. it's pretty annoying problem is there a way to fix this yet ? this post is since 2015 so since then there should be a solution for this ?

Spoiler

Message 40 of 46
JBrander7
Guide

Guys, seriously. There is no FIX. I tried everything for months and months and months. I cut my losses and stored it in a box and bought a D-LINK Wifi Adapter. It was perfect from first install. 

THIS NETWORK ADAPTER IS GARBAGE: NO FIX.

Message 41 of 46
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

Please update the driver using the latest one.

https://kb.netgear.com/000037991/A6210-Software-Version-1-0-0-36

Message 42 of 46
iflyfred
Aspirant

I just installed the new driver and I am still experiencing disconnections at an alarming rate.  

Message 43 of 46
JBrander7
Guide

Come on mate, seriously. I have installed drivers aand re installed drivers. OVER MONTHS AND MONTHS. There is no hope for this device. Get rid of the damn thing. Stop wasting your time. Cannot say it anymore clearly 

Message 44 of 46
ACstm
Aspirant

Just wanted to say I'm amazed with how absoloutely abysmal support for the A6210 has been. It's clear these issues have been going on for three whole years now, and yet there is still no solution. I cannot help but feel like I've been conned out of my money and I'm amazed Netgear hasn't recalled this product if they're not even going to attempt to fix it.

I'll add some more information to this issue, while I'm at it:

Every single port on my computer is a working USB 3.0 port. I had issues installing Windows 7 because it only recognized USB 2.0 ports. I have verified this time and time again. And yet the A6210 always warns me once I plug it in that it could perform faster if plugged into a USB 3.0 port. It is. 

It seems to enjoy cutting me out when I'm downloading a torrent file. I should note quite clearly, incase it's not 100% obvious, legal torrents do exist so this should not be a design function if that is the excuse. I personally only use torrent clients for downloading legal files.

Message 45 of 46
bigfatron
Tutor

@iflyfred wrote:

I just installed the new driver and I am still experiencing disconnections at an alarming rate.  

Did you remove the old driver beforehand? I've been using the new driver for a while (I helped test it) and its night and day better than the old one.  I'd gone from constant drops to whats now a very stable connection where it probably drops a couple of times in a week rather than several times per hour at its worst.

Message 46 of 46
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7