× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear AXE3000 (A8000) Adapter receiving massive lag spikes during gaming

Ruunic
Aspirant

Netgear AXE3000 (A8000) Adapter receiving massive lag spikes during gaming

Hello everyone, today I'm here with a seemingly infamous issue within this community. My AXE3000 adapter is receiving massive ping spikes (200-4000ms) intermittently. The interval ranges between every 10 seconds, and every 2 minutes. This issue is extremely frustrating as it seems to only occur when I am gaming, and causes massive stutters or just downright disconnects me from the match. I should also mention that this adapter worked flawlessly out of the box, then had an issue where it disconnected me every five minutes. This was due to Windows' stupid "allow device to turn off to save power" option, which I turned off. Now a day or two after that issue was fixed, I'm getting these extreme lag spikes/disconnects during gaming.

I have been through every post I can find regarding this issue with A7000 and A8000 models, and tried reinstalling drivers, turned off "allow device to turn off to save power", tried using all of my other USB ports (as well as a USB hub), tried setting WLAN AutoConfig service to manual start, set the preferred band to 2.4ghz, to no avail. I know this is not an issue with my WiFi because every other device in the house works perfectly fine, including devices right next to my PC. For an $80 network adapter, I'm pretty disappointed. However if anybody has a resolution that worked for you, it would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
Ruunic
Aspirant

Re: Netgear AXE3000 (A8000) Adapter receiving massive lag spikes during gaming

Thanks for the help guys. I will be returning the adapter and never purchasing from Netgear again.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7