× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk A7000 AC1900 with iPad Pro

perseid
Aspirant

Nighthawk A7000 AC1900 with iPad Pro

Has anyone been able to use the Nighthawk A7000 AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter with the iPad Pro? I connected the Nighthawk to the iPad's USB C port but it is not showing under Settings/Wifi. Is there a trick or hack to be able to use it with the iPad? Thanks for any feedback

Message 1 of 5

Re: Nighthawk A7000 AC1900 with iPad Pro

@perseid wrote:

Has anyone been able to use the Nighthawk A7000 AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter with the iPad Pro? I connected the Nighthawk to the iPad's USB C port but it is not showing under Settings/Wifi. Is there a trick or hack to be able to use it with the iPad?

Does the iPad pro run iOS? If not, forget it. Even if it does, Netgear seems to be incapable of updating its iOS drivers for newer versions.

Why do you need a USB adapter for an iOS? Doesn't it do wifi without any help?

Message 2 of 5
perseid
Aspirant

iPads run iPadOS which is mostly iOS for the tablet. The iPad's internal antenna is not very good at picking up weak signals, it would be strongly boosted by being able to use an external USB antenna like the AC1900.

Message 3 of 5

@perseid wrote:

The iPad's internal antenna is not very good at picking up weak signals, it would be strongly boosted by being able to use an external USB antenna like the AC1900.

You probably need a USB adapter designed for that purpose.

Netgear seems to be useless at making Apple specific devices, probably not helped by Apple's aversion to anything that it does not make and sell. Even when Netgear does make something, it dies as soon as Apple pushes out an update.

Message 4 of 5
perseid
Aspirant

Unless of course Apple closes a deal with Netgear for a specific accesory. That's why I spoke of a "hack" as I know that using 3rd party accesories with Apple products is not possible in most cases.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7