× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No CD Drive, Can't Install Adapter?

JesL
Follower

No CD Drive, Can't Install Adapter?

I bought a this adapter today -- had one before, my boyfriend took it with him while he's away for the summer for work. 

There's no CD drive on his computer. He built it himself, so he opted out of that one. As I said, he had a wireless adaptor before, but it's not here now. 

So the computer is not connected to the internet (I'm writing this on my laptop that doesn't need the adapter -- I need his computer to use for gaming while he's gone.) In order to install the software to actually connect the adapter without using the CD, you need to connect to the internet. Which I cannot do, as the computer needs the adapter to connect to the internet in the first place.

I tried to figure out how to download the software onto my computer, put it on a flash drive, and move it that way, but that is also not working. Support says to, "If your computer does not have a CD/DVD drive, you can download the resource CD driver by going to http://support.netgear.comClick on Support for Home and then type your extender model in the search field."

Problem is, there is no Support for Home to click on. So right now, I'm pretty lost. Any ideas?

Model: WNDA3100v3|N600 WIFI USB Adapter
Message 1 of 2
VE6CGX
Master

Re: No CD Drive, Can't Install Adapter?

If you downloaded the driver with your laptop and saved it on the USB stick. You just plug itto the desktop to read the driver. Maybe the driver is zipped? Then you need to unzip it. Or if it is compressed file extract it. Then the driver is ready to be applied.Hope this helps. At NG support site

give the model no. of the adapter and how about clicking on 'home networking' ?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7