× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RMA hardware assistance not working

LucasDevillers
Aspirant

RMA hardware assistance not working

Since i habe bought it six months ago, this wifi key was often disconnecting (it could go up to several times a day), and would not reconnect without a manual disconnect-reconnect.

I have tried on several different routers, from different operators, and the problem remains the same.

Since last week, the problem can occur every few seconds, despite no difference that i am aware of, either from the use i have of it, or from the router.

I have been trying for a few days to get RMA with the hardware assistance, but every time i do so, it says "something went wrong".

If someone knows how to get the RMA service working, or even better, how to troubleshoot the wifi key, that would be a great help.

If you see a missing information, you can simply tell me so, and i will make the rectification.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 12

Re: RMA hardware assistance not working

@LucasDevillers wrote:

If someone knows how to get the RMA service working, or even better, how to troubleshoot the wifi key, that would be a great help.

We can't help with the RMA. You need to contact Netgear support for that. Have you registered the device at MyNetgear?

As to troubleshooting, we need some details. All we know is that it "disconnects". That alone could mean many things.

You can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Message 2 of 12
LucasDevillers
Aspirant

I did register the device, it is a A6150-100PES AC1200 NANO USB WLAN adapter. Sorry if these informations were missing, i must have written them in the wrong place.

As for the malfunction, what happens is that the connection drops without a warning, and after a while the wifi icon shows the "no connection" image, and it will generally only work again if i manually disconnect and reconnect. That would occur even more if i am asking for a heavy download, such as for installing some programs online.

Until recently, it would happen a few times a day at maximum, and did so since i bought it, but recently the connection would be unable to hold more than a few seconds.

This happened on every router i have been connected to, and that work normally on other devices.

I am also wondering why the hardware assistance doesn't work either,despite the number of times i tried, for several days since last week.

I had thought about calling the support, but it isn't covered any more by the warranty.

I hope this is clear enough, i apologise for not having precised the necessary on the first hand

Thank you for your assistance

Message 3 of 12

@LucasDevillers wrote:

I did register the device, it is a A6150-100PES AC1200 NANO USB WLAN adapter. Sorry if these informations were missing, i must have written them in the wrong place.

That's something for Netgear support to deal with.

You should know that this community is essentially a user-to-user venue to talk about technical issues, with some input from a small band of Netgear techies.

We aren't equipped to answers sales questions or to talk about warranty issues.

If you want "official" support then you should go through the right channels.

Contact Us | Support | NETGEAR

As for the malfunction, what happens is that the connection drops without a warning, and after a while the wifi icon shows the "no connection" image, and it will generally only work again if i manually disconnect and reconnect.

What icon? Something in Windows?

Connection drops from what? A Windows PC? Laptop?

I am also wondering why the hardware assistance doesn't work either,despite the number of times i tried, for several days since last week.

What "hardware assistance" are you talking about?

Message 4 of 12
LucasDevillers
Aspirant

I wasn't expecting another user to make the hardware service, the support to get RMA, to work, i was just asking if someone knew how to deal with the "something went wrong" issue. It is accessible via the link you posted, and i have been trying to make it work for almost a week.

When i talk about an icon, i just mean that, when my computer (fixed unit, windows 11) looses connection, it doesn't say so before a few minutes.

Thank you for the support, and sorry if i sound so unexperimented, i am not really used to that subject.

Message 5 of 12

@LucasDevillers wrote:

When i talk about an icon, i just mean that, when my computer (fixed unit, windows 11) looses connection, it doesn't say so before a few minutes.

OK. We are talking about disconnects in Windows.

The challenge can be to work out if Windows is the culprit or the adapter.

One thing to check is that Windows is not set to allow the USB device to turn off the thing to save power.

Wifi adapter propertiesWifi adapter properties

Message 6 of 12
LucasDevillers
Aspirant

Thanks for the tip, let's see if it works

Message 7 of 12
LucasDevillers
Aspirant

It seems to work correctly, thanks a lot for the advices, and for your patience.

Have a nice day

Message 8 of 12

One of those hard to pin down problems that can be buried in the depths of the operating system. Hardly the first place you would look for solutions.

Let's hope it keeps on keeping on.

Message 9 of 12
LucasDevillers
Aspirant

Hello, and sorry to bother you again

The last solution doesn't seem to be the one expected, because it didn't change the behaviour of the wifi adapter.

If you have any other suggestion, or know someone who does, i would be very thankful.

And, of course, if that is too much of a bother, i can try asking someone else

Thank you for your patience

Message 10 of 12

@LucasDevillers wrote:

Hello, and sorry to bother you again

That's what we are here for.

Fixing USB issues in Windows can be a pain.

The A6150 is not one of the most capable devices around, but it should work. It predates Windows 11, but not much changed from Windows 10.

We still don't have much information on what happens during the disconnects, if it is the adapter or the router that loses the connection, for example.

You could try cleaning up the USB devices connected to the PC. This entails removing old USB devices that are not longer connected.

Go into Device Manager. Look at Network adapters and View then Show Hidden Devices.

Wifi adaptersWifi adapters

Then delete the unused drivers for your adapter.

I have no idea if this will work. As I said, we really have very little diagnostic information to go on.

Message 11 of 12
LucasDevillers
Aspirant

Thanks a lot for your advices, i will see if this works.

Have a nice day

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7