× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDA4100 BSOD on fresh Win 10 Aniversary install.....

Sorceror
Aspirant

WNDA4100 BSOD on fresh Win 10 Aniversary install.....

Just re-installed windows 10 as a fresh install. now i am getting BSOD errors when transfering large data over local network with this adaptor.. was fine under Win7 and then upgrade to win 10.. but on a fresh install of Win 10 it crashes the TCPIP.sys..

It would appear this adaptor is not fully supported under Windows 10..

Any help appreciated otherwise it's Adios to the adaptor and with the trouble of late with netgear products in general i think i may switch to another brand.

Model: WNDA4100|N900 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter|EOL
Message 1 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Re: WNDA4100 BSOD on fresh Win 10 Aniversary install.....

Hi Sorceror,

Download the driver for the Windows 10.

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/WNDA4100#searchResults

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 8
Sorceror
Aspirant

Message 3 of 8
Sorceror
Aspirant

@JamesGL wrote:

Hi Sorceror,

Download the driver for the Windows 10.

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/WNDA4100#searchResults

JamesGL

Community Team

that was the first thing i tried. after installing win 10 pro i went and installed that driver and has not resolved the issue still get BSOD with TCPIP.sys as the cause...

anyway moot point now as i went and got a TP-Link powerline AV1200 with wi-fi and am now using that... works a treat. But still would like to get rhe usb adaptor working

Model: WNDA4100|N900 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter|EOL
Message 4 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi Sorceror,

Clean your registry. Uninstall the adapter and its software then try cleaning your registry.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 5 of 8
Sorceror
Aspirant

@JamesGL wrote:

Hi Sorceror,

Clean your registry. Uninstall the adapter and its software then try cleaning your registry.

JamesGL

Community Team

Fresh install of windows 10 pro. Registry can not be any cleaner than that.

Message 6 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi Sorceror,

You mentioned that it is an upgrade and not a fresh install from scratch. Settings or configuration from Windows 7 can be carried to Windows 10 except if you purchase the computer with Windows 10 OS by default.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 7 of 8
Sorceror
Aspirant

@JamesGL wrote:

Hi Sorceror,

You mentioned that it is an upgrade and not a fresh install from scratch. Settings or configuration from Windows 7 can be carried to Windows 10 except if you purchase the computer with Windows 10 OS by default.

JamesGL

Community Team

Read the first post again  🙂

Initially it was win 7 and the adaptor was fine.. i then upgraded a year ago to win 10 and it was working fine.. a few days ago i decided to do a fresh install of windows 10 due to some memory leak issues regarding the upgrade to windows 10... after the fresh instal of win 10 the card was automatically recognised by windows but it BSOD on large transfers tripping the TCPIP.sys..  so i downloaded and installed the latest netgear driver to se if that wouls solve the crashing TCPIP.sys.  and it did not.. 😞

Not the first time i seen this happen with Wi-Fi cards.. I fix PCs as a living and a previous PC had an incompatible mini pci Atheros card that was doing the same thing..  I replaced the mini pci card on that PC with a Intel one and it solved the issues... 

So it appears the adaptor itself is just not compliant with the Win 10 Aniversary edition unless the OS is an upgrade..  As a fresh install it just is not stable.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7