× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108 stopped working after 5 months

iZoomie
Follower

GS108 stopped working after 5 months

I have a IP cable modem/4 port router/wireless router combination unit. I use one wire from this router to the GS108, so I have now 7 free ethernet ports. All has been working for 5 months. Today all traffic to the internet stopped. Called IP, they checked the modem is ok. Anything I plug into this router/modem has internet connection. Anything plugged into the GS108 does not. All lights are flashing quickly as normal. Restarted the unit several times, changed cables, (new manufactured 6ft cat6 cables) changed ports. Same issue. It looks ok, but no communication through the GS 108. Is there any steps I can do to diagnose or somehow confirm it is dead?

Cheers

Model: GS108|Gigabit Switches
Message 1 of 2
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GS108 stopped working after 5 months

@iZoomie,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that you are having issues with your switch. This is just a plug-and-play device, we can only replace/swap cables or use another PC/device to isolate in order for us to identify if the switch is already dead. You can also try to reboot the switch.

Please open a ticket on NETGEAR support and please let them know the status of your switch. If the device is still under warranty, an online replacement will be provided.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements