× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear GS316 Switch - Problem with PS and Xbox Remote Play

ilcapitano77
Aspirant

Netgear GS316 Switch - Problem with PS and Xbox Remote Play

Hi everyone,

I have a FritzBox 7530 and a GS316 16 port switch. Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X are connected via LAN cable to the switch. When I use remote play on my iPad the stream freezes every couple of seconds so there is constantly a judder /delay and remote play is not really possible. When I connect the Xbox or PS5 directly to the FritzBox the stream and remote play works flawlessly in great quality. So the switch seems to cause this issue.

With regular internet usage / TV streaming this is not an issue nothing is noticeable but with the fast connection required for remote play the switch does not seem to be able to manage this?

Does anyone have some advice. I need to have the remote play working for both consoles but I only have room for one console on the Fritz Box.

Thank you, Oliver

Message 1 of 4
BrianL
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @ilcapitano77,

We don't have any settings that we can access or change from this switch as it's an unmanaged one. What we can do is isolate the problem between the switch and your router (Fritz Box). 

If in the same room, and one /or both of the gaming consoles are attached to the said switch and connected to your router via LAN (1GB) using CAT5E cable, is the issue present? Have we tried using other LAN cables or even switch ports to see if the issue is persistent?

Kind regards,

Message 2 of 4
ilcapitano77
Aspirant

I have not tried this yet but I will. Thank you for the advice.

Best regards
Oliver
Message 3 of 4
BrianL
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @ilcapitano77,

Thank you! Just let us know the result then.

Kind regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements