× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

looking for recommendations on switches compatible with rs700 and cax80

mamezcua8201
Aspirant

looking for recommendations on switches compatible with rs700 and cax80

I am trying to get into hard wiring everything for my gaming setup and I would like a switch, possibly managed to be able to experiment with networking, but i am kind of confused on what would be compatible besides an unmanaged switch. I have a cax80 and just purchased a rs700s. any help, info, links would be appreciated

Message 1 of 7
microchip8
Master

Re: looking for recommendations on switches compatible with rs700 and cax80

Most NETGEAR managed switches should be compatible with your routers
Message 2 of 7

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

If it was me? I'd pickup a cheap multigig non-managed switch and a managed used switch. 

then you can hardwire in your gaming devices directly on the non-managed multigig switch. 

You can hookup the managed one after and experiment a little. some of the managed functions can add latency so putting it after and playing with a cheap used one might be a better option until you're more familar with its useage. 

Message 4 of 7
mamezcua8201
Aspirant

Thank you i see your point in that i am dealing with latency and packet loss already over wifi so this led me down this road but i will look into that for sure!
Message 5 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Even the best, most expensive, fastest, ... managed, smart managed, or unmanaged, whatever brand of switch, there are a zillions of reasons why packet loss and latency are occurring. Not many reasons why a random wired Ethernet switch should be compatible. Even worse on a shared media - as the air is for wireless. At the end of the day, it depends what you want to achieve, what you expect, what features you need.

Message 6 of 7

And how much you want to pay.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements