× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

[4.1.8-T5] Can't install iPhone Support

sramsdell_aol_c
Aspirant

[4.1.8-T5] Can't install iPhone Support

I'm having several problems I believe....

I installed Lion on iMac and MacBook before purchasing a ReadyNAS DUO.
Upgraded the DUO to 4.1.8 - T5
Can access ReadyNAS fine from Mac's.

Downloaded the iOS app onto iPhone, followed the instructions to setup, worked through initial "connect" issues, then attempted to browse and/or upload. The app goes into perptually "connecting" spinner.

The iPhone installation instructions state " Make sure you have the latest ReadyNAS Remote add-on installed, v1.0.9.31 or higher ..."
Since my Frontview GUI stated ReadyNAS Remote add-in version as 1.0.9.30 I removed it.
I've tried all paths to the Remote add-in download through Netgear website(s) [none of which actually list the version number].
With all downloaded "ReadyNAS Remote.bin" files I get a "Update file is not valid for this architecture." error message.

Help ? Suggestions?

cheers!
Message 1 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: [4.1.8-T5] Can't install iPhone Support

There is a bug in 4.1.8-T5. Try patched version (patched so can install on this firmware): http://rnasguide.com/wp-content/addons/sparc/ReadyNASRemote_1.0.9.78-nsp.bin
Message 2 of 11
sramsdell_aol_c
Aspirant

Thanks!!! That worked, and it installed. Now, any suggestion on what to do if the "e-mail invite" never arrives to confirm the registration? I have this problem with both ReadyNAS remote, and ReadyNAS Photos!!
Message 3 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Have you checked your spam folder?
Message 4 of 11
sramsdell_aol_c
Aspirant

Yes ... nothing in there. Having same problem with ReadyNAS Photos ...

cheers!
Message 5 of 11
sramsdell_aol_c
Aspirant

BTW ... I tried deleting the user marked for "e-mail invite" and re-adding. I also tried adding another user at a different e-mail address. Checked both inboxes and spam lists and nothing in anything yet ?
Message 6 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Could you try creating an account here?: https://remote.readynas.com/index.jsp?pid=4

Have you configured email alerts on your ReadyNAS and do they work fine?
Message 7 of 11
sramsdell_aol_c
Aspirant

e-mail alerts were configured for two accounts: one .aol and the other .me
test messages are received by the .me account as coming from the .aol address although not configured as AOL being the smtp server. Alerts have yet to be received on the .aol address [or spam box].

Using the https://remote.readynas.com address, and reseting passwords I was able to establish UIDs and accounts for both the .aol address and .me addresses.
Configuring these for e-mail invites under "Manage ReadyNAS remote" button on add-in page of Frontview did not result in any invites being received through other e-mail account.
However, the .me account did receive a "congratulations" e-mail containing the UID and password details for the .aol account!
Entering these credentials into the iPhone app resulted in being able to login [to the remote.readynas website] to the account associated with the .aol e-mail address.
However, no ReadyNAS devices are ever listed to actuall browse or connect to.

Since I'm just setting this up, I'm happy to completely wipe the ReadyNAS and startover if necessary, but it seems that somewhere something is not quite ready for primetime w/r/t these firmware combinations.
Message 8 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Message 9 of 11
sramsdell_aol_c
Aspirant

been there, done that [twice actually] .... no t-shirt yet.

I even tried removing iPhone app, reinstalling and attempting to setup ... however, there appears no way to change ftp settings [to make sure set for anonymous] once the app has been installed once ? I continue to be able to connect, but the only thing that shows is " connected as xxxxxxx" , no ReadyNAS devices appear.

cheers!
Message 10 of 11
sramsdell_aol_c
Aspirant

ReadyNAS remote support still does not work. Is there anyway to completely start the setup process over?
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements