× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Advanced option on ReadyNas backup

Bains
Guide

Advanced option on ReadyNas backup

Where is the CIFS "Hide this share" option not located?

We have many ReadyNAS DUO devices plus ReacyNAS 31200.

Just updated the test 31200 to latest firmware over the weekend.

We have implemented shares on both of the devices that remain hidden during a typical Windows browse. 

Quoting from my configuration notes "if the CIFS “Hide this share when a user browses the ReadyNAS for available shares” option box is checked box then the data is essentially hidden from the Windows environment."

Try as I have, I can no longer find how to check this option.  There must be something I am missing. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Bains
Guide

Re: Advanced option on ReadyNas backup

Thanks for the quick reply.  You are correct, it has nothing to do with backup but instead the stupdity of the operator and his inability to properly read the manual and instead use the word 'display' instead of 'hide' for a document search.

Thank you, thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

It has nothing to do with backup, which is perhaps why you are not seeing it.

On the duo v1, click on share, share listing, the "cifs" icon next to the share.  Scroll down to "Share Display Option" and you'll see the checkbox.

On OS 6, click on the shares, then go into the share settings.  Select SMB, network access, then advanced.  You should see "hide this folder".

Message 2 of 3
Bains
Guide

Thanks for the quick reply.  You are correct, it has nothing to do with backup but instead the stupdity of the operator and his inability to properly read the manual and instead use the word 'display' instead of 'hide' for a document search.

Thank you, thank you.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements