× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Attempt to update Pro 6 to 4.2.28

dhw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Attempt to update Pro 6 to 4.2.28

I've had a ReadyNAS Pioneer Pro 6 since March 2011; every Sunday, I update the critical systems here at home, and as that includes the ReadyNAS, I check for firmware updates for it (via the "ReadyNAS Downloads" page) every Saturday.

Yesterday (07 Nov), my check showed "RAIDiator 4.2 (version 4.2.28) for Pro Pioneer / Pro Business / Pro 2 / Pro 4 / Pro 6 / NVX / Ultra 2 / Ultra 4 / Ultra 6 / Ultra 2 Plus / Ultra 4 Plus / Ultra 6 Plus / 1500 / 2100 / 3100 / 3200 / 4200"; as the machine has been running 4.2.27 for some time, I figured I'd have an update to do today and downloaded RAIDiator-x86-4.2.28.zip.

I then tried to upgrade, but was informed "Update file is not valid for this architecture."

A subsequent attempt to "Check for updates" yielded "The system is already running the latest firmware. Click Perform System Update if you wish to proceed with the update anyway."

The Home display for the machine looks like:

Hostname:howland
Model:ReadyNAS Pro Pioneer Edition [X-RAID2]
Serial:20S199RM000E7
Firmware:RAIDiator 4.2.27 
Memory:1024 MB [4-5-5-15 DDR2]
IPv4 address: 1:172.16.8.6
IPv4 address: 2:Not Connected
Volume C:Online, X-RAID2, 6 disks, 54% of 7413 GB used

What am I missing here?  Anyone else try this?

Thanks....

Peace,

david

Message 1 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Attempt to update Pro 6 to 4.2.28

You need to unzip the zip file. The firmware image is RAIDiator-x86-4.2.28 in the zip file.

4.2.28 has not been put on the update server yet so a remote update is not possible at this time.

Message 2 of 8
dhw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ah; thanks.  Guess I'm out of practice. :-}

Peace,

david

Message 3 of 8
bedlam1
Prodigy

I have been trying to install the unzipped file to my Pro 4 and continually get the error "Local file upload failed"

Any help will be gratefully received

Message 4 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

This is a different issue then. Have you tried another web browser?

Message 5 of 8
MatDey
Aspirant

My 2100 refuses to upload the file stating that it is not valid 

I have tried uploading the extracted file using i.e and also Chrome on Windows 10.  Both give the same 'error/warning' message 'Update File is not valid for this architecture'.

It is currently on RAIDiator 4.1.14 [1.00a043]

Do i need to be on a newer version before this can be uploaded?

Any help would be appreciated

Mat

Message 6 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@MatDey wrote:

My 2100 refuses to upload the file stating that it is not valid 

I have tried uploading the extracted file using i.e and also Chrome on Windows 10.  Both give the same 'error/warning' message 'Update File is not valid for this architecture'.

It is currently on RAIDiator 4.1.14 [1.00a043]

Do i need to be on a newer version before this can be uploaded?

Any help would be appreciated

Mat

You have a sparc V1 platform, 4.2.28 is for x86 platforms.

You should never have gotten that email, the firmware doesn't apply to you.

You are running the most recent v1 production firmware already.  There is a beta version (4.1.15-T3) available in the beta section here, which adds a couple of security patches.  I don't know if/when that will be released, but it is likely the end of the line for V1 firmware also. The "beta" is stable (I've been running it for months), it was just the fastest way for Netgear to get the security patches out.

Message 7 of 8
MatDey
Aspirant

Much appreciated.. It makes sense now I *actually* read the name of the firmware.

Good to see misleading emails being sent out. Let's hope not too many other are confused.  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements