× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backing up to Drop Box for ReadyNAS 104

fearlesss
Aspirant

Backing up to Drop Box for ReadyNAS 104

Hey guys,
I've done a search on the forums, google and tried talking to the Netgear support ( which kindly suggested I pay them MORE money for any support.... ) because paying for the product itself wasn't enough !

I've got a ReadyNAS 104 which we bought just recently using the firmware 6.2.2
and was under the impression that it had the ability to back itself up to a dropbox account so I bought a yearly subscription to drop box with enough space.

Now the question is How on earth do you backup to the dropbox ?

I can see in the portal looking at the NAS it has a backup tab and under cloud storage it has a section about Dropbox which says you can sync only 1 share at a time. But that is it..
There is no details or information about anything. It doesn't let you know if it's actually backing up anything, it doesn't say how many files are getting backed up, it doesn't even let you know if the backup is running !
I can see that my drop box has started putting a few files in the dropbox but it's anyones guess when it's actually backing up, or how old those files are if they are the latest version or one from a week go.

Any help would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Backing up to Drop Box for ReadyNAS 104

Hi fearless. This forum is for the ReadyDATA.

The ReadyNAS forums are here: http://www.readynas.com/forum

You could compare the share on the NAS with the folder in your Dropbox to see what has been backed up.

Depending on the speed of your internet connection (especially the upload speed) and the size and the quantity of the files in the share it may take quite some time to backup your data.
Message 2 of 3
fearlesss
Aspirant

Re: Backing up to Drop Box for ReadyNAS 104

Thanks I'll head on over to hte NAS forums. Thats a good idea, I've been keeping an eye on the Dropbox shared folder and it only has 13gig in it and the drive im trying to back up has about 150 gig so it's definetly not backing up, and I synced the folder 2 weeks ago 😞
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements