× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't access admin console

Redbear
Aspirant

Can't access admin console

Hi - I have a ReadyNAS Duo V1 that is still chugging along quite happy. I just had to replace one of the disks - and I can't now access the Admin console.

I have tried....

Password Recover - email doesn't arrive

OS Reinstall - default user / password doesn't work

Multiple browsers after OS reinstall - default still doesn't work

Can anyone help other options please?

Model: RND2000v1|READYNAS DUO v1|EOL
Message 1 of 13
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't access admin console

Hi @Redbear

Welcome to the Community!

You have created a duplicate thread so I locked that one down.

Do you have access to your shares? Have you checked the status of the NAS on RAIDar? If you have not installed it yet you can get it here.

If you have access to your shares it would be the best time to perform a full backup. Can you post a screenshot of the RAIDar status and also the error you get when you try to access the Admin page?

Regards

Message 2 of 13
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Redbear

How is your DuoV1? Were you able to get it working?

Regards

Message 3 of 13
Redbear
Aspirant

Hi

I have not managed to get to the console yet, no - I have done a factory reset, but the default password is not working - would appreciate any help you can give me

Can see it on raidar, can browse to it fine - just need to get to the admin console

Model: ReadyNAS RND2110|ReadyNAS Duo
Message 4 of 13
StephenB
Guru

Are you sure you are using the correct password?

For a duo v1, the username is admin, and the default password is netgear1.

Message 5 of 13
Redbear
Aspirant

Hi - thank you, but have just tried this, and no luck

I have done a factory reset which should I thought reset the password to default, but still can't get in

Message 6 of 13
StephenB
Guru

@Redbear wrote:

I have done a factory reset which should I thought reset the password to default, but still can't get in

Do you mean an OS reinstall or a factory reset?

Did you use the procedure on pages 15-16 here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RND2110/Duov1_NV+v1_HW_en_06Dec11.pdf?_ga=2.6667569.20503...

Message 7 of 13
Redbear
Aspirant

Sorry, quite right, I mean I have tried an OS Reinstall

Should I do a factory reset? Will I lose all the data content on the disks?

Message 8 of 13
StephenB
Guru

The factory reset will reformat the disks, so it is destructive.

Since you can browse the file system, I suggest that you begin by copying the files off the NAS to a backup device (internal PC disk or a USB drive).

On the Web UI - you will certainly get a certificate error that you need to click through.  What browser were you using in the screenshot?

Message 9 of 13
Redbear
Aspirant

Ok, thanks - I will look to copy the data off, then do a factory reset

I have tried in IE, Chrome and Firefox

Message 10 of 13
StephenB
Guru

@Redbear wrote:

I have tried in IE, Chrome and Firefox

Are you seeing the same error in all three?

There is no good way to avoid getting a certificate error with IE or Chrome - you will need to click through it.  A reset won't change that.  FireFox does have a way to save a security exception (which it will remember).

Are you getting that error intially?  If not, then how did you respond to the first screen that warned you about the certificate problem?

Message 11 of 13
Redbear
Aspirant

Hi - I am happy with clicking through the various browser certificate messages (proceed to site, etc) - so I get the user ID / password popup screen. 

Message 12 of 13
StephenB
Guru

@Redbear wrote:

Hi - I am happy with clicking through the various browser certificate messages (proceed to site, etc) - so I get the user ID / password popup screen. 

Ok.  Then you enter "admin", and the NAS admin password, and you still get the screen you showed earlier?

Do you have any internet security software running on the PC (or ad blockers running as browser extensions)?

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements