× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot Change IP on Bond0 interface DHCP only wrks! RN312

BadButton
Aspirant

Cannot Change IP on Bond0 interface DHCP only wrks! RN312

Hello netgear forms.

I recently did an OS re-install on a Readynas 312 which has the latest-est 6.0.6 firmware on it. (accidentally deleted the private and publich Esch ssh keys). Did not know how to restore them my self so i did a OS-re-install. Before the re-install i had both network interfaces In a LAG 3+4 configuration.

To my horror after the re-install i am unable to change the bonded DCHP IP address to a Static IP address. Frontview will take the static ip that i give it and change it right back to the previous dynamic ip that was given to it from the DCHP server before after applying it.

I have tried breaking and re bonding both interfaces via frontview but still unable to assigned a static ip address. I have access to ssh but not familiar with the commands to permanently reassign an interface.

Is this a bug or what!? Have also tried different browsers: firefox, ie10, chrome.

I only have a simple rsync ssh script running via a cron job to a ultra 2 offsite (no-thanks to netgear removing the rsync ssh server feature). The only foreign applications i have running are NO-ip ddns. It is configured with a start-up script. Only foreign packages i have installed are the ones required to build apps on the 312. Basically Apt-get build essentials. If this is truly a bug I hope the community can find it and squish it good. Thanks to anyone with their input on the problem! I am noob to linux but my googlefu skils are ok.
Message 1 of 5
chirpa
Luminary

Re: Cannot Change IP on Bond0 interface DHCP only wrks! RN31

Sounds like a bug.

Tried breaking the bond, and doing another OS re-install?
Message 2 of 5
BadButton
Aspirant

chirpa wrote:
Sounds like a bug.

Tried breaking the bond, and doing another OS re-install?

Nope i have just tried what you have suggested and the results were the same as before :x A bug this IS!
Message 3 of 5
Jedi_Knight
Tutor

Thanks for reporting the issue.
Message 4 of 5
evilsparc
Aspirant

I ran into a similar issue on a RN516. I got it working by breaking the bond, setting a static IP on the first adapter, then recreating the bond. I didn't have to do anything with the second adapter, in fact it sat there the whole time with a dynamic address until the bond was created. Hope this helps.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements