× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot access Nas.

Haplo69
Aspirant

Cannot access Nas.

I've been forced to change my internet router.

The Nas is connected to a switch.

in the router, all devices are showing as 192.168.1.66, 192.168.1.67 etc etc etc.

which the REadynas NVX used to... but, now that i have changed the router it appears as 92.27.22.121

and, i cannot access. the router sees it, but typing in 92.27.22.121/admin doesn't work. and i have no idea why it has a strange IP address.

windows sort of sees it, ie: i cannot map a drive letter, as it doesn't see it. under control Panel/view network devices, it doesn't appear.

but, under control panel, ''View your basic network information and set up connections'' to the right is text ''see full map'... clicking that, shows the NAS as well as the other computers, printers etc.

The NAS itself on the front, shows 92.27.22.121.

i cannot ping it from windows either.
Message 1 of 4
BigMike1
Tutor

check the wiring on your new router and switch ...
Message 2 of 4
Haplo69
Aspirant

ok to make things more confusing... if i go into a browser, and goto a place that tells me my IP address.. its currently saying 92.27.22.121
which is the address the nas is displaying O.o

in the router if i click on mynas, it says IP address assignment DHCP.
Message 3 of 4
Haplo69
Aspirant

aha, i think you have it.. i plugged the lan cable into the Other port on the nas... as soon as i swapped it.. it gave it a 168.. etc number

many thanks.. !!
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements